• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

DR Build (NEW)

biggo

What mod do the rears need?
Do you know if the Baja springs will fit on the Redcat shocks?
I just found a set of stronger springs cheap.
Thanks

Haven't tried the bahaha springs on redcat shocks. The HPI front shocks fit the rear with no issue but are too long to fit the front on dunerunner. The rear HPI shocks would need to be milled about 2 inches or so shorter to fit the front. I'm gonna do it eventually, just been busy working.

Phill

Haven't tried the bahaha springs on redcat shocks. The HPI front shocks fit the rear with no issue but are too long to fit the front on dunerunner. The rear HPI shocks would need to be milled about 2 inches or so shorter to fit the front. I'm gonna do it eventually, just been busy working.

Thanks mate (y)

smokinzoltar

How does the DR perform on a dirt track? I have a TT that's really nice on the track... Is there clearance similar? I'm sure there steering is more like a buggy and probably fast.

Phill

The DR is a bit more tail happy due to the motor being mounted more to the rear.
The TT is built on the MT chassis.
I'd love to get my hands on one but they're as rare as rocking horse poo.

biggo

Here's some pics of my DR build. Everything has either been upgraded or customized.

Attachments

• 20190510_180541.jpg
    20190510_180541.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20190510_180934.jpg
    20190510_180934.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20190510_180905.jpg
    20190510_180905.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 10

biggo

And heres a pic of the shelf I built for my 1/5 scales.

Last edited:

smokinzoltar

Thanks. The tires are Mad max Super grip and the wheels are all aluminum from china. I think from Ali express

I may have to get some of those! Where you running that thing at? Pavement only I assume?

smokinzoltar

Yea she stays on the pavement. I have another DR V3 for the dirt but I gotta put it back together.
I have a rampage tt that's my everyday everything basher! Between that and my hpi bahahahaha 5b I really don't need anything else! Of course the addiction sits in and I will build another lol.

biggo

I have a rampage tt that's my everyday everything basher! Between that and my hpi bahahahaha 5b I really don't need anything else! Of course the addiction sits in and I will build another lol.
I still want an HPI 5T. Just love those damn things for some reason.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online