• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

DR Build (NEW)

biggo

I started to buy parts to upgrade my DR til I realized I damn near had another DR. So, I switched gears and decided to build a new one and gift the old to my kids. I have all of the machined aluminum parts, baha shocks, and some really nice wheels and tires. I'll post pics along the way. Going with OBR G340RC. Haven't decided on which one yet. Ordered the belt drive, still thinking of oredering the 2-speed to tinker with.
105196319_20170720_174100_1320882_resized.jpg

Any thoughts?

Impalassman

Thanks sir I been trying to get another one from them but seems they are out of stock for some time now.

Phill

I started to buy parts to upgrade my DR til I realized I damn near had another DR. So, I switched gears and decided to build a new one and gift the old to my kids. I have all of the machined aluminum parts, baha shocks, and some really nice wheels and tires. I'll post pics along the way. Going with OBR G340RC. Haven't decided on which one yet. Ordered the belt drive, still thinking of oredering the 2-speed to tinker with.
View attachment 14389

Any thoughts?

Just out of interest which Baja shocks are you running and were they a direct fit?

biggo

Let me know how it goes fitting them pls.
I'll keep an eye on this thread before I invest.

Phil, the front shocks for a Baha 5b fit with no issue for front & rear on the DR. The rear 5b shocks require a slight modifcation and they'll fit as well. I chose to go with 4 front 5b shocks only and will have 4 Baha 5b rears leftover.

The one in the pic is a rear 5b shock. I've since put the fronts on but this shows the rears can work too.
I'll mod the 5b rear shocks to use on my other DR or sell them. 14463

Phill

Thanks for the update.
I've just inherited a 2WD DR I'm in the process of cleaning up.
You can see it over at the Dunerunner Rebuild thread.

Redredcat0223

What wheel and tires are on there?i have an xt all modded up and have been wanting to get a buggy and almost went with an hpi or rovan so I could put a full cage around it with panels which is what I wanted to do to my xt but nobody has anything for the xt and to put a chimera one on its like over $200 just in parts but now seeing your dunerunner built up I might go that way,awesome buggy!!!

Phill

What mod do the rears need?
Do you know if the Baja springs will fit on the Redcat shocks?
I just found a set of stronger springs cheap.
Thanks

biggo

What wheel and tires are on there?i have an xt all modded up and have been wanting to get a buggy and almost went with an hpi or rovan so I could put a full cage around it with panels which is what I wanted to do to my xt but nobody has anything for the xt and to put a chimera one on its like over $200 just in parts but now seeing your dunerunner built up I might go that way,awesome buggy!!!

Wheels are HPI and the tires are MadMax Supergrips I think.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.