• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dom pipe for Rampage MT

Sprint 77

Contributor
I got one more of the pipe and the right side of the body.

Rampage DOM 006.jpg

/monthly_2008_07/583c605353972_RampageDOM006.jpg.5ce8f0dd1b7052eb61c47919cfc2e7da.jpg

Sprint 77

Contributor
You will have to cut or remove and space the rear tubes. Take your roof off and you will see how it goes together. I will be making a support that will regain even more strength with them removed.

Just_Gerald

I Think that it is a little too close to the fuel tank, and filler cap, wouldn't make to refill it when it is warm! Otherwise looks pretty good. But' i'd like to see the body after it has run abit, might be a little melty. but no worse then were i put mine at the back.

Gas Jocky

short Dom vid

Thanks to Rob at www.VancouverHobbies.com the Canadian connection for these trucks, I got my parts extra fast as he parted out a MT5 for me. So here is a short vid of my Dom mod, by adding 3 inchs to the pipe I believe it lost a little on the bottom end but It comes on hard as it spools up. Looking at Sprint's mod I think by keeping it tucked in front of the rear mount you will get the full benifit of this torque pipe. Regarless of this it's wayyyy better than the X-can performance wise!

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q211/scdoo62/rc%20collection/?action=view&current=DDMDOMRAM.flv

hellya

I Think that it is a little too close to the fuel tank, and filler cap, wouldn't make to refill it when it is warm! Otherwise looks pretty good. But' i'd like to see the body after it has run abit, might be a little melty. but no worse then were i put mine at the back.
I will let you know when I get the moded pipe:) alittle melting never hurt anyone

got to fit up my idea of re clocking the rear DOM to fit the MT
The pipe is looking good ....thanks sprint 77

Last edited by a moderator:

Sprint 77

Contributor
Yes I agree you wouldn't want to come in from several high speed passes and fill up. I think this will have a great weght distrubution as far as not upsetting the handling. My new design pipe from all new materials that we are working on will be a reverse of this design here meaning the outlet will be on the Right side and the "U" bend on the left. This will allow little more clearance for your fingers during fill up.

Shiny

I gust love your attention to details. This defiantly will be a high quality product.

Sprint 77

Contributor
Thanks

Shiny said:
I gust love your attention to details. This defiantly will be a high quality product.
Thank you for the complinent. I am a Racer oriented RC user. I race 1/4 Outlaw Sprints on asphalt in Ft Worth Texas. I am also a airplane fabricator/mechanic for a living. So this experience helps me with quality , keeping the handling, and end user friendly to work on. I am glad you like it. We hope to have our tooling done for the pipe soon.

hellya

Just_Gerald said:
I Think that it is a little too close to the fuel tank, and filler cap, wouldn't make to refill it when it is warm!
Sprint 77 said:
Yes I agree you wouldn't want to come in from several high speed passes and fill up.
In anticipation of recieving my new pipe...I have already flipped the tank 180*...the filling cap is now on the opposite side...problem solved:)

flint mann

Saw Sprint 77's modded dom it looks great!!! My first concern was filling up with a hot pipe but as soon as I said it I saw the solution turn the tank around looks like I came up with it just a little late though. I also thought that the fuel lines would run to the carb a little better with the tank sitting the oppisit way 'round.

hellya

my only concern is the lack of a brace to secure the pipe to the rear shock tower......but i'm sure sprint77 has one on the finished product or will add one:)mabey there is one and I just cant see it

Can you post a photo with the pipe installed and the rear tires on the truck???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts