• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

SOLD / FOUND DOH!!!! Need Y-Harness for dual steering servo

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMADMAN

In my haste getting parts to convert my MT to dual Steering servos, I totally forgot about a Y harness anyone got one to part with? if it make a difference I will be running a 5745 and the stock servo for now, and 2 5745's in the future.

LMK.

Sprint 77

Contributor
Do not do this

IMADMAN said:
In my haste getting parts to convert my MT to dual Steering servos, I totally forgot about a Y harness anyone got one to part with? if it make a difference I will be running a 5745 and the stock servo for now, and 2 5745's in the future.
LMK.
Imadman, Do not mix brands and performance of servos on a sinlgle linked linkage. The WILL fight each other till it burns one up. Get your stuff ready for two servos and wait to y them both together after you get the second 5745, Most three channel radios allow the third channel to be mixed with another that is the most effective way to run the second servo on steering.

IMADMAN

Thanks for the tip!

I asked Rob in another thread, it the factory dual steering set-up will use the existing radio box holes as the mounting set-up. I have the parts to do my own, but if I can get away w/o drilling new holes I just may wait for the factory set-up.

kryptonite

ya, don't run the 2 diffrent servos. in my opinion, its hard enough or impossible to get 2 of the same servos to run EXACT any way. but if you pm me your address i will mail you the spare Y-harness i have.

Sprint 77

Contributor
kryptonite said:
ya, don't run the 2 diffrent servos. in my opinion, its hard enough or impossible to get 2 of the same servos to run EXACT any way. but if you pm me your address i will mail you the spare Y-harness i have.
He is going about it the right way hitec 5745 are digital and programable so if he can borrow a programer he can tune them in together perfectly .

kryptonite

Sprint 77 said:
He is going about it the right way hitec 5745 are digital and programable so if he can borrow a programer he can tune them in together perfectly .
ya, its the hole borrowing the programmer that sucks. i race 5th scale on-roads and we use dual servo's for our brakes and i have never met any one with a programmerat the track. with out the programmer they will always be SLIGHTLY working against each other. i don't think its that imortant tho..Not really sure) but we put those servos thru more tramma just running one then with two that are off calibration.. i think he'll be fine,(with same servos) don't you think sprint?

Clubin

Banned
I have run dual servo's on my MCD MT, and my MCD RR for many gallons of fuel, I set them up, so when the radio on, and the steering is centered, there isn't any pressure either way. I have never programmed a servo, straight out of the box good to go.

Sprint 77

Contributor
Yes Clubin you are right, but the hitec programmer you can test to see how much in tune they are. Yours may work fine but if there not in perfect tune they will draw more amps, with todays big high drain digitals with maybe three of them on a fifth scale evey bit of amp draw you can help with will help your servo batterey.

kryptonite

Clubin said:
I have run dual servo's on my MCD MT, and my MCD RR for many gallons of fuel, I set them up, so when the radio on, and the steering is centered, there isn't any pressure either way. I have never programmed a servo, straight out of the box good to go.
the big thing with programing is no servo runs at exactly the same speed. so in theary one could be pulling the other couseing a SLIGHT strain. its so little. some may think a programer is over kill for the price. we put more stress on running one servo then would ever be put on it from running 2 servos that arent set-up. no need for a programmer as far as im conserened. depending on the day we run 20-30 minute main's and some guys are running 4 rihno's with out a battery issue. with 3 servo's running a 6v splitter to the stearing we should still easly be able to run 45 minutes on a used pack

C.B.

wouldnt the servo savers compensate for the strain of the minor difference in speed ?

just a thought i cant see us all that are going to run dual steering servos going out and getting programmers

kryptonite

C.B. said:
wouldnt the servo savers compensate for the strain of the minor difference in speed ?
just a thought i cant see us all that are going to run dual steering servos going out and getting programmers
no they wont help. simply becouse there isnt that much strain on them.

C.B.

thats what i figured i was just throwin that out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online