• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dogbone issue

Ice_2k

So, this happened:

photo%2009.08.2015%2C%2023%2036%2022.jpg

The little screw came loose, the pin went out, did some small damage to the chassis and basically left me with a useless dogbone. Did this happen to anyone else? Am I supposed to open all these small screws on all dogbones and loctite them?...

Ice_2k

No idea what that is :)

Phill

Ice_2k said:
So, this happened:

The little screw came loose, the pin went out, did some small damage to the chassis and basically left me with a useless dogbone. Did this happen to anyone else? Am I supposed to open all these small screws on all dogbones and loctite them?...
I've loctited all of mine

Zen

Yesterday (08/13/2015) out running my car and took a spill (rolled). Later noticed the front left wheel now spins freely. Haven't taken the car apart as of yet to determine all the damage, however, need to know what size dog bone is needed for the front wheel?

Zen

So 50034 will not work as a replacement part?

1439593876101-2093758830.jpg

1439593876101-2093758830.jpg

/monthly_2015_08/1439593876101-2093758830.jpg.0882d45df6b0461cebf55306b345057e.jpg

Phill

Zen said:
Yesterday (08/13/2015) out running my car and took a spill (rolled). Later noticed the front left wheel now spins freely. Haven't taken the car apart as of yet to determine all the damage, however, need to know what size dog bone is needed for the front wheel?
You'll probably find that it's a drive cup that's broken.

They break inside the diff where the pin goes thru

phreerider

RampageHopUps said:
On the new pin, make a small flat spot with a dremel, halfway down and about 2mm deep.
i have been looking for these pins to replace. not seeing them as separate from set up. is there a part # for JUST the pin?

blak__jak

I quite some time ago cut the right size drill bits off to length and put a flat spot in center and they're still working till this day. quick fix and durable.

phreerider

RampageHopUps said:
Not from Redcat. Davesmotors and Largescalerc have them separate. Or if you have an Ace Hardware near you.
thanks Rob, will give a look and get some next round of orders, hardware store here only has rolled pins, it is the first place i looked

blak__jak said:
I quite some time ago cut the right size drill bits off to length and put a flat spot in center and they're still working till this day. quick fix and durable.
i have done same and it works well, an excellent use for spent 1/8" bits indeed.

thanks for help , felt like i was missing something the moment i noticed they had set screws

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts