• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Does an upgraded carb make a difference?

imaudi5000

Just wondering, what actual difference does an upgraded carb offer compared to the stock one? So like a walbro 1107 vs the 668 (my stock MT carb says 608?)
If they are both tuned properly, what would you expect performance wise on a stock 32cc engine? I do have the jetpro rear mount exhaust already.

imaudi5000

Ok great!
What do you think it did? Quicker acceleration? Faster top speed? Quicker throttle response? All the above? Lol

expertbasser

My new (at the time) xt was having running, idling, & starting problems every run. At THAT time, was merely 2 weeks after the purchase. Looked on here, & everyone said carb. I found a complete carb set on Amazon, 996 I think, with hozes, &: extra stuff for $14.95 free shipping. Do I got it. On a Friday. It arrives Monday. I bolted it on, & 2nd pull it idles perfectly, runs great, ez to KEEP tuned.

IMHO, on a new rtr, trash that stock carb! The difference is amazing AF!

I'm still new to gas, seeing as how I've not had my XT for a month yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.