• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dissapointed in my rampage tt5....

kryptonite

str8jailbird said:
Damn, sounds like my "new" Subaru XT wagon. New tranny (warranty), New turbo (warranty), new dashboard faceplate (warranty) thought these damn Jap cars were reliable?!?!?!? I'd be screwed without the damn warranty, $7500.00 alone for the transmission and that is without labor! What a racket! Hopefully my new MT will treat me better although I plan to treat it a little rough:eek: :D !
ya, could you imagine if you bought a ford? that warranty is avout as good as the paper its writen on

chucked

A 4 wheeler I bought about 3 years ago nearly burnt down in the woods because of a bad ground, the bike was only a month or so old. Apparently it was a major problem with them, the dealer covered it for me, but just the other week the dealer finally got Kawasaki to cover the parts to fix it (a complete wiring harness). Its been done and bikes been sold over a year. Needless to say I never buy extended warranties, they want almost a grand for a quad that's only 7000 to start!

RampageHopUps

Sorry to hear your bad luck. Some of us really like the Rampage, even with the small problems.

str8jailbird

mooman007uk said:
You see how I run mine, i bought it to hammer on it, I drive it like in my vid whenever I run it and apart from a couple of minor breaks it's been faultless.
Yeah moo, I am hoping that mine will hold up like yours. I also ordered the aluminum CV driveshafts for it. Anyone tried those out?????

chucked

I ran a tank through sunday, run the crap outta it, only broke an a arm when i hit a 5t, plus it was a non upgraded part. Found a dog bone pin had split though, half of its still there

mooman007uk

Banned
having fun yet? once you get them dialled in they just get better and better...I broke a boiled arm at the weekend but smacked into a log so it was to be expected, couldn't avoid it as my steering, er, doesn't at the moment...my stock steering servo couldn't pull a greasy stick out of a dogs bum right now....it's had it

chucked

Ive put about 5 tanks through it since my last problem, plus ive been waiting for the gears to go for 4 tanks and they are somehow still grabbing. Im in definate need for a goin through again though.

DemonRC

chucked said:
Ive put about 5 tanks through it since my last problem, plus ive been waiting for the gears to go for 4 tanks and they are somehow still grabbing. Im in definate need for a goin through again though.
Did you install the aluminum gear plate? I think it fixes the gear mesh problem. When I got my Rampage I noticed the C-D gar mesh was a little tight. Before even running it I took out the stock gear plate and installed the aluminum one. After installation the mesh was perfect. I'm over 10 tanks now and the C-D gears look fine.

kryptonite

catchaser said:
Did you install the aluminum gear plate? I think it fixes the gear mesh problem. When I got my Rampage I noticed the C-D gar mesh was a little tight. Before even running it I took out the stock gear plate and installed the aluminum one. After installation the mesh was perfect. I'm over 10 tanks now and the C-D gears look fine.
that right there is the fix for most gear melting problems. also replacing the lose bearing helps too. same thing with the 5b..

chucked

Yes I used the aluminum gear plate, I also used bearing set compound on every bearing installed in aluminum on it. The plastic gear plate bent very easily allowing the gears to skip.

flint mann

The only problems that I have had with my TT5 is I have broke both front lower A-arms. One I hit my Baja head on at about 30 mph each the other one two days later stuffing the it into a hill off a jump. The only other breakage I have had is I have smoked the original set of 25t gears and a set of ab gears. I have bent a couple dogbones and broke a cvd. I have been running and bashing my buggy since I got it back in June. In fact my avitar is my buggy jumping. Pic taken by Mrs. Ak[zip]

chucked

I have a 26.9 race port , 813 carb, dom pipe, and a few other engine mods.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts