• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Disc break's??

jackson

Hey guy's it's been a while since i had one of those crazy questions!!!

But looking on ebay the other day i came across something interesting it was the hpi baja hidraulic breaks set for about 60++ going on bids but since we can fit the hpi hubs i figure we could fit the breaks too!! Just an idea don't know if anyone ever consider it doing it!!!

G

I've seen a rally with them not sure how well the worked. The disks can fit the hex but you have to mount the caliper to the bearing holders. That requires a bit of modding.

Deluge

I believe the rally used an FG setup. Try it and let us know how it goes. Shouldn't be that hard to adapt.

rev9fan1

Yea I've never seen an rc car stop as quick as these....great brake design

G

desismileys_0293.gif They work really good. I think the hydraulic setup would be nice if you ran in 2WD.

rev9fan1

That's y you need a controller with sensitive braking

G

Deluge said:
Bleh. I don't use the brakes half the time, anyway. :D
I have learned that trees, bushes, sign posts, and even buildings do the job. :D

DUFFY

I hope you do get some front disks on a redcat. I want them too, if only because it looks amazing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts