• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

disable fail safe

ika

I reversed brake and throttle linkage, now when switching off transmitter servo applies full throttle instead of brake.

Is there any way to reverse fail safe action or disable this function?

ika

I have not installed stock fail-safe.

How to reset settings?

ika

As I found that stock receiver has builtin fail-safe function, when receiver lost signal it applies full brake(set by default).

I think that mostly failed throttle servo is caused by this function, when applying full brake, servo stressed at full load.

So I programmed that, when no signal, only partial brake applied, which is enough to stop vehicle.

How to program:

1.Turn on transmitter

2. Turn on receiver

3. Apply little brake, enough for stopping

4. press button on receiver,located next to the receiver light.

Led will flash several times. Its done.

So level of brake you applied during setting , same brake will be applied when no signal.

Ludabud

Fall safes are ok but kill switches are worth the money and the wait. You never know if the throttle will freeze up. I've had one do that on me and it wasn't good. Soon after that I got the kill switch and it works great!

PrjctStrtFrce

I actually had my throttle servo crap out when it was at about 1/2 throttle...so the truck kept going and going even with the failsafe because it had no way of applying the brake, which is why I am glad I have a kill switch because it killed the motor and it just rolled to a long stop.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts