• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Diff Out Cups

RampageHopUps

HSP is the manufacturer. Not Rovan or Kings Motors.

Redcat specs their trucks with the engine choice and electronics. Then HSP send them to Redcat in Phoenix, AZ.

Phill

Ice_2k said:
The bronze-colored ones came as an upgraded part and were launched at about the same time as the 32cc engine. Rob said they were an upgrade over the black ones, not the other way around.
The bronze ones came standard on mine 3 yrs ago but I changed to the black MT ones not the other way round.

Mine is an HSP so maybe they weren't shipping them to Redcat at that time??

Last edited by a moderator:

Todd

Phill said:
What does a Chimera have stock?I thought all cars has aluminium.
Plastic. I cant find an aluminum one that say its for a chimera. 5hay all say the other rampages but not 9ne say it fits the chimera

Ice_2k

Diff Out Cups

Phill said:
The bronze ones came standard on mine 3 yrs ago but I changed to the black MT ones not the other way round.Mine is an HSP so maybe they weren't shipping them to Redcat at that time??
Yeah, I think the color is just a coincidence, HSP and Redcat probably used different parts for this. I know for sure that Rob said the copper ones were a 2015 upgrade over the black ones.

Anyway, I'm quite happy with the build quality, I have about 20 tanks through it with 8k clutch and jetpro and pretty aggresive driving (but no jumping to be fair, mostly street running) and I've had zero issues with stuff breaking.

Phill

The pins tend to break over rough ground when the wheel leaves the ground and lands spinning.Running onroad you probably won't have the probllem but if you do break one I strongly recommend upgrading to the black ones.

They may be new to Redcat but they've been around a long time.

Ice_2k

The redcat website is also showing the copper ones as the most recent ones. Anyway, redcat will be coming out soon with a sleeved version and I also found sleeved cups for MT on 7075.rc so if I break something, I'm definetely gonna go with the sleeved version.

Phill

Ice_2k said:
The redcat website is also showing the copper ones as the most recent ones. Anyway, redcat will be coming out soon with a sleeved version and I also found sleeved cups for MT on 7075.rc so if I break something, I'm definetely gonna go with the sleeved version.
As I stated before they may be new to Redcat but they have been around for a long time.

The cups aren't the problem with them - it's the pin holes.

RampageHopUps

People break them 2 ways. 1) cup opens up and cracks. 2) pin hole crack migrates radially.

Phill

Never had a cup open up (so far) but I did replace one on the front of the centre drive that was showing signs of wear in the slots.

therealrsr

Now the long time "out of stock" sleeved cups are gone from Redcat's parts page!?! This stinks and sends an awful message about the support of their products if it was dropped and they intend to only offer the problematic part it tried to replace.

Has anyone tried to fit/shim an HPI 5B diff into the Chimera's housing? 7075's housing? Or fit the full HPI diff housing onto a Chimera?(not likely to work) Kinda defeats the rational of opting for the Chimera over the Losi back at time of purchase, but best to have fun playing the cards we are dealt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts