• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Diff oils, I have some 3K, 4K, and 6K laying around what do you think I should use?

wildstallion

Planning on doing a gearbox and diff rebuild soon. To hand I have some 3K, 4K, and 6K laying around. 3K was recycled from my DBXL shocks :) but unused.

I drive mainly on dry golf course grass with a few jumps. I have installed a fairly potent OBR 7.5hp motor. what do you think of 3K in the front and 6k in the rear, sound good?

wildstallion

Hmm, maybe I should get some 10K for the rear and put some 6k in the front.

BertR

I run 5k front and rear... The shocks are where I do the most tuning with 80wt in the rear and 45wt in the front.. I guess it all depends on the driving style.

therealrsr

Heavier in my opinion, but a manicured golf course should give you quite a bit of leeway. At construction sites I have one or 2 tires off the ground a lot so look for more locking than 6k gives.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.