• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Diff oil vs trailer grease ?

Petrolheadz100

I contacted redcat and asked what they recommend for diff fluid if im not planning on racing just liesure the guy recommended trailer grease and pack it well, advised also the grease will go alot longer before servicing then diff oil....any feedback on this topic?

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
@Petrolheadz100 sure, you could pack it with anything you wanted really. The question is how well it will work or not work. You want something with some thickness to it but nothing super thick or really thin. Give it a try and see how well it works for you, then let us know how well it did or didn't work and what grease you used. ;)

Petrolheadz100

Just finished the front diff used general purpose grease from supertech, packed it about 80%, will let you know once i run the car

jacobir4

For that I use a semi synthetic grease that's what we use to pack bearings in our trailer hubs it's orange sucks when it gets on your hands but if we can use it on semi hubs well at least for the trailers it's good enough to go in that diff

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts