• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Diff fluid?

xbeNewb

What do you guys recommend for diff fluid? Going to rebuild my diffs before I have any issues

Also, should I get better bearings while I'm in there?

ImminentFailure

I just rebuilt my XT diffs, boy was the stuff in the stock cases was so tacky I could barely pull my fingers apart. I don't know what the crap they put in there.

I put 3K in front and rear, boy oh boy what a change.

ImminentFailure

I don't know the quality of the stock ones, some of the engravings in the carriers looked like boca part #'s. Since it require taking the entire front/rear assembly apart to pull out the diff, and then effort to take apart the diff for fluid. I went ahead and changed all mine out. My luck i'd get it back together and blow a bearing.

My LHS carries an amazing line of boca bearings, i snagged up the pricy ones as an investment in 'never have to change these again'.

auto2

what i found kills bearings no matter how much they cost is bad cleaning skills. never take compressed air and blow the dirt off near any bearing. just blows dirt into the bearing. i havnt blown a bearing in anything in years. andi run 3 to 4 classes at the track every week.

xbeNewb

I have bad r/c luck

My cars break almost every time i head out - the farther from home i go, the more likely i am to break.

I'd like my xbe to be reliable 1st, faster 2nd

I'll do the diff bearings just in case

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts