• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Died mid run and won’t restart

Dusty

so I was running my MT is a grass field and it died on the return run to me . It wasn’t the kill switch shut down for low voltage (first run sense recharge too) . I have a motorcycle vent on cap but cracked it just for the heck of checking . Brought it home and pulled the plug to check for spark and is a little black like carbon build up from running heavy oil . Same plug used for break in period . (NGK PLUG) But it had spark so I cleaned it and reinstalled . In all honesty it doesn’t seam to have to pop of compression it had before . I’m still running 20:1 oil because I’d mixed a gallon .went through about half gallon for breakin alone and figured I’d just stay oil rich tell gone .
Any ideas of things to check would be awesome . I’ll probably pull carb to make sure the plastic manifold isn’t warped from engine heat & sucking to much air screwing up the fuel to air mix but if that’s the case would that really make It die when running . Shouldn’t it just make it run like crap . HELP HELP HELP ..LOL

Phill

Quick compression test.
You should be able to lift it off the ground by the pull start without the motor turning over.

Dusty

I don’t have now where near that kind of compression! But I’ve talked with a few different ppl and say to check my carb manifold. The plastic one redcat uses from factory is known for warping do to the heat of the motor . That would create a lose of compression as well as suck to much air and crew up the air to fuel mixture

Phill

Seeing how you can't start it to check for leaks you'll have to try with a compression guage.
I think it should be around 150 psi
The plastic ones do warp.
DDM has alloy ones and Teflon gaskets that work well.

pfrederi1

I feel your pain. I doubt thats my problem. It hasnt been running long enough for the intake manifold to warp LOL!!! Wish i could get it to run that long to have that problem. LOL!!!! Mines still not starting either.

Dusty

I feel your pain. I doubt thats my problem. It hasnt been running long enough for the intake manifold to warp LOL!!! Wish i could get it to run that long to have that problem. LOL!!!! Mines still not starting either.

It’s all trial and error man , you get it going . I had a coil die half way through break in got it replaced finished break in and ran 2-1/2 tanks through when this mishap accrued . These things are finicky and take a bit of time and upgrades to make reliable from all I’ve read and discussed with other forum and FB group members . Don’t loose hope you get it .

Impalassman

Yeah don't give up it took me way to long to get mine fired up. But it does now run.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online