• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dhk Maximus

MNRampage

Been reading quite a bit about this truck lately. It's been getting great reviews from rc mags,also online. Nice price point $480 rtr with a pr of Lipo batteries.

Anyone else been reading about this truck ? Any thoughts ?

FancyPants

MNRampage said:
Been reading quite a bit about this truck lately. It's been getting great reviews from rc mags,also online. Nice price point $480 rtr with a pr of Lipo batteries.Anyone else been reading about this truck ? Any thoughts ?
yup the LHS has one and it looks amazing...been looking around online as well to see if anyone has bought or their thoughts, and what I've found is its mixed awesome truck for the price but they want to stick with the name brands...honestly I would get it just for the bashing, wouldn't get it to race with so for me its almost a sure sale after christmas is over. there was also a guy that owns a large track here in houston and he said he bought one, loves it but is messing around with what the maximus can take...he said he's running dual 3s lipos...whether he's blowing smoke up you know what or if its true I would just have to wait and see it for myself.

but before I get way off topic, I'm highly interested in getting one of these. let me know your thoughts and if you plan on picking one up would be interested in seeing your thoughts.

vman1911

I plan on picking one up next week. Was thinking about the e revo but at $800+ and with alot of plastic parts I thought I'd give this one a look. Checked it out at the LHS (dynamic hobbies) in Hemet Ca. And from what I saw it is very well built and comes with a boatload of what would be upgrades on more expensive MT's. Extruded alum. Driveshafts and ball diffs. And metal gears full anodized alum shocks and a solid build. Will post more info after I get to spend some time with it.

airshredder

great car

I work for a wholesaler of this product that also wholesales traxxas cars. Where traxxas cars are really good and perform really well, in my opinion, they are overpriced and traxxas is extremely hard to deal with when it comes to replacing parts (which do fail which is quite unacceptable for the price) and will not honor warranty replacement and they have become ridiculously overpriced due to unnecessary gadgets such as bluetooth telemetry systems and the id charger which you have to purchase a wall plug seperately to charge off a wall plug suggesting that they are purely focused on maximum profit. Now we've come across dhk. Very affordable and very durable. We tested these cars to their very limits and they took all we could dish out and some more. Plus we can take care of our customers without worrying whether we'll go broke because the manufacturer doesn't honor warranties. My favourite is the maximus. What a tough, fast and awesome truck and the brushless hunter can take all an ultimate edition slash can take, plus some more and fast? It's blistering!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.