• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Deciding on the version of 1/5 GAS Rampage

Best Rampage Version

• MT

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • XT

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • XB

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • DUNERUNNER

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

netdevil420

Hi everyone, I'm new here...I was wondering if ANYONE could assist me in deciding which Rampage to buy. I like the MT but reaaaaallllyyyy don't wanna pay that much and still have to buy upgrades.(*seen a post where they said to replace hear cover cause its plastic and could melt) However if that IS what I must do then so be it...This Rampage I'm buying is for my son and I to just have fun with. I don't mind buying replacement parts cause for it to mess up on day one wpuld be DEVASTATING not kuat for me but the boya as well...boyrls r 12 & 2 btw...lol So Any list or comparisons personal experieence would be great...thank ypu all in advance!

Curry3021

Hi everyone, I'm new here...I was wondering if ANYONE could assist me in deciding which Rampage to buy. I like the MT but reaaaaallllyyyy don't wanna pay that much and still have to buy upgrades.(*seen a post where they said to replace hear cover cause its plastic and could melt) However if that IS what I must do then so be it...This Rampage I'm buying is for my son and I to just have fun with. I don't mind buying replacement parts cause for it to mess up on day one wpuld be DEVASTATING not kuat for me but the boya as well...boyrls r 12 & 2 btw...lol So Any list or comparisons personal experieence would be great...thank ypu all in advance!
I think he is to young

westsiderkg

I agree. 12 maybe a little premature as this thing weighs quite a bit and can hit 40+ mph. Dangerous equation for a youngster imho.

Where did you read about the plastic engine cover melting by the way? Is there a metal upgrade? Tks.

netdevil420

Young in experience wise the yea I am... I do learn things fairly quick and think I should be fine as long as I speak with other people who have experience and see what they say...as I am doing here and now.....ANYWAYS....I happen to come across it last week and I can't remember the site name and I've been through SOOOO MANY looking for what I was hoping to buy and didn't know if any of what I've read about them was true because y'all I thought this site to be the most professional out of all the aites I've been through about this model and must have a LOT of experience with them. As I said thought I have been doing EXTENSIVE research and thought out of all of them in my price range then this model was PERFECT and I just need help figuring some things about this R/C.

G-Man

Young in experience wise the yea I am... I do learn things fairly quick and think I should be fine as long as I speak with other people who have experience and see what they say...as I am doing here and now.....ANYWAYS....I happen to come across it last week and I can't remember the site name and I've been through SOOOO MANY looking for what I was hoping to buy and didn't know if any of what I've read about them was true because y'all I thought this site to be the most professional out of all the aites I've been through about this model and must have a LOT of experience with them. As I said thought I have been doing EXTENSIVE research and thought out of all of them in my price range then this model was PERFECT and I just need help figuring some things about this R/C.
The Rampage MT or the Dunerunner are great choices. I have both and love them. They use alot of the same drivetrain parts so it makes it easy to become familiar with maintenance needs and procedures. They both hold up pretty well to the abuse I give them, although if You are wanting to straight beat the living crap out of them they will break. Other than that, it is all trial and error. Everyone runs their rigs differently, so You may have a different issue than another person. Either one will put a huge grin on your face and get the adrenaline sky rocketing just hearing it start. Oh BTW the MT is the real head turner!!!

netdevil420

Yea the MT is what I would like but I've heard tale of the Servos needing replaced and the Differential Gear Cover needing to be replaced and upgraded

netdevil420

I love the things Ive seen & read about the MT. It more than likely be my choice. My son is wanting to get into rc's can anyobe recommend a good electric rc truck, truggy, buggy...any offroad...on thr MT does the differential gear cover melt the cover? Are there ANY upgrades anyone could recommend for the MT I should get first?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.