• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

DDM dominator

john w.

I ordered the dominator pipe. Will the body need to trimmed for it? Also is a different carb a good upgrade to get?

Deluge

Are you talking about the side pipe? If so, you'll need to trim the body a bit. As far as upgrading your carb, depends on your skill level. Some carbs can be tricky to get running right. What carb do you currently have?

john w.

Yes the side pipe is the one I ordered. I haven't got the truck yet it will be here tomorrow, so it just has stock carb. I used to be pretty good at engine tuning so I'm sure I'll pick it up again quick. Just trying to get some good upgrades ready.

Deluge

I'm not entirely sure what the Redcats are coming with these days, but when I had one it came with a 668 which had a bit of lag during acceleration. The most common carb upgrade was a 813 or a 990. The 813 has an internal acceleration pump which helps with acceleration. The 990 is basically the same carb, just without the acceleration pump. I ran a 990 and loved it.

designed2survive

990 is what I was looking into.

The 990 is a great carb. Just keep in mind that it doesn't have a choke. For some it's an issue, but for most it's not a deal breaker.

The 1107 is also another option for a great carb and it has a choke.

john w.

I didn't know that you had to drill holes for the dominator pipe. Anything I should be aware of before I do it?

john w.

Finally got it figured out. Now just have to wait for my paint and liquid mask to get here then break her in. :)

IMG_3962.JPG

designed2survive

@john w. Look good! For the center driveshaft removal, you'll need to remove the rear assembly as a unit.

Why don't you do the break in without the body while you wait for paint? I don't use bodies anymore on any of my builds. The air cooling is improved and helpful, specially during break in.

john w.

@john w. Look good! For the center driveshaft removal, you'll need to remove the rear assembly as a unit.

Why don't you do the break in without the body while you wait for paint? I don't use bodies anymore on any of my builds. The air cooling is improved and helpful, specially during break in.
Good idea

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts