• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

DDM Dominator VS Jetpro updates.

Ruffy

Well I got my 2 MT V3 truck and the same day the pipes came. Both pipes are side mount. So I might have a little info that would be helpful to those who ask.

So far I am still in the break in period but close to the end.

DDM Dominator:

The DDM I found to be the best all round pipe. It is perfect for those who have the smaller space to run around in. It has gobbs more power then the Jetpro at bottom end hands down and could blow donuts easly. The chrome on the DDM is first class and would be even show ready unlike the Jetpro. The DDM for mounting was a little upsetting because you had to use a drill for self tapping screws to the chassis. mounting both pipes was a bit of a pain! You must first remove the rear end and pull the drive shaft out and flip the tank around (10 min job). The DDM also took the cake with less body cutting. I only had to cut a little bit of the body out so the body wouldnt warp under high temp due from the pipe.

Jetpro:

The Jetpro I found to be the winner even though in the DDM post I posted how good the DDM was VS the Jetpro. The Jetpro in mid range cought up to the DDM! And at high range don't even think about it because the Jetpro would pass it. The Jetpro had poor quality chrome but easy to live with. The install was the same for the Jetpro as the DDM but the Jetpro you didnt have to drill through your chassis. It was a strait bolt in just the way I like it. After install I put the body on to see where to cut it. It wasn't pretty by any means! I had to cut about 45% of the one side of the body out eeek.

Overall it really comes down to your run area. If you have a smaller area to run please go with the DDM. If you have lots of open or large area I would go with the Jetpro. Both pipes are still being tested and the tests so far we are using stock springs and no other mods. The sad thing I would hate to see is going to be my next update. That will give details with the 8000 RPM springs. To be honest I think the Jetpro will dominate the Dominator! Even in smaller areas.

Ildy666

I have a jet pro and love it great power.Im sorry to hear about the finish because mine shines like show quality.don't worry about cutting the body because one good crash and that bodies Toast...lol.. Keep us up on your review..

jeffp83

Nice writeup! I have the DDM dom and really like it, although I have not tried any other pipe. It does have lots of power down low for sure.

krebidoux

i have the jetpro on my xb and can't be any happier with it. maybe it was a bad batch with the chroming cause mine shines nice.

G

+1

Very nice review. :)

Ruffy

No problem guys! thanks for chiming in. One thing i did want to make clean for the Jetpro. The chrome on mine isnt bad at all but not at the same quality as the DDM. I love the chrome but there is a very noticeable difference between the two.

Ruffy

Sorry I didn't have a good scale to weigh them both but what I can say is the jetpro has more metal mass and I'm 99% sure it is heavier.

I have done tons of research on the click,ddm, and jetpro. And I went to what I've studied. I haven't seen any good news on the cpi even though all three pipes are prices about the same. The cpi info that I've read is really leading it to be the low dog of the three. But I don't have one yet. I will he ordering 2-5 more redcat rampage MT's within 2 months and I might get the cpi. What I really want to get is that stainless pipe for the MT. But it comes with a stainless price as well and 100$ more then the three. BUT it is stainless and controls heat better and I'm sure its worth the 100$ extra.

Edit: the stainless pipe is called flowsystem. And to me that would probably be top dog in all MT pipes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruffy

Its been a few weeks sense me last test. So far the Jetpro is the top end boss. It is really funny at this point because when I run my jetpro MT my friend pulls his ddm to the side and always says its running funny. But as soon as I break a part he's back on the track haha. You can really hear the power band in the top end and seems to open up more. The ddm I find to be much more louder then the jetpro and the ddm sounds nicer. But not neighbor friendly haha.

racetruck

WELL FOR STARTERS THE DDM PIPES are copys of jetpro. rob64n and i have tested the first CPI pipes at large scale they had a long and a short version that we tested the short had good low to mid range the long had good mid to high end. i run the cpi for the baja 5B it has been modified to fit my MT it runs great on low end all the way through high end the jetpro out perforum the cpi pipes they have for the MT now. rob64n has worked hard with dino at jetpro to get the jetpro pipes to fit and run great on the XT,XB and MT. MY vote goes to jetpro for the best pipes

rob64n's buggie fitted with the first jetpro side pipe

180561_1720472325063_1035945419_31877786_2217013_n1.jpg

the rear jetpro pipe

PC290237.jpg

and my modified cpi pipe to fit the MT

P6090024.jpg

Deluge

racetruck said:
WELL FOR STARTERS THE DDM PIPES are copys of jetpro. rob64n and i have tested the first CPI pipes at large scale they had a long and a short version that we tested the short had good low to mid range the long had good mid to high end. i run the cpi for the baja 5B it has been modified to fit my MT it runs great on low end all the way through high end the jetpro out perforum the cpi pipes they have for the MT now. rob64n has worked hard with dino at jetpro to get the jetpro pipes to fit and run great on the XT,XB and MT. MY vote goes to jetpro for the best pipes
If they are indeed copies, they look a lot better than the original. But I doubt DDM intentionally went out to copy a Jetpro. Pipes for these vehicles all have the same basic shape. Considering the space and the dimensions the pipe builders have to work with, of course they're going to look the same to some extent. Look at any decent tuned nitro pipe. They all look the same.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.