• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

DDM Dominator pipe touch side of body .....

Petrolheadz100

What can be used to insulate the pipe from touching the side of the body and melting it? What are you guys using? I really don't want to cut a hole in the body....

Petrolheadz100

Header wrap from your local parts store or you can buy shorter length from eBay.

I don't want to wrap a chrome pipe leaning more towards just letting it mark the area after the first couple runs then applying some high temp rtv in the small area it touches....

sunoco

i have ran an xb so hard wide open in the summers heat that the rear body became so hot it looked melted- all warped. every scar and broken part has memory and story-- sorta like all the scratches and chips & dents on my dirt bike gear !! run the rods outta the r-c and have a blast.

Dobber72

I don't want to wrap a chrome pipe leaning more towards just letting it mark the area after the first couple runs then applying some high temp rtv in the small area it touches....
Well you could try the chrome heating and air duct tape and if that doesn't work you should have got a rear mount.

Petrolheadz100

Well you could try the chrome heating and air duct tape and if that doesn't work you should have got a rear mount.
I dong like the look of the rear mount looks like a stomach in the rear , a little rtv on the side of the body where the pipe touches should do and thats even if it will melt the body, i ran it 30 minutes and it didnt even mark it where it touched, time will tell i guess

pfrederi1

I had same concern initially as far as the look of the dominator but the performance made up for it... Somewhat lol.

Im over the look now and left the body and just let it take itwss natural course and the body has molded into place\shape.

If you dnt like that option you can use some heat resistant tape on that area. I just left mine as is.

Petrolheadz100

Finally got my g320 installed but now i wonder if its ok for the fuel lines to touch the motor or heat sink i have installed for the transfer port? I flipped the tank around so he pipe wouldnt touch the gas cap as recommended but wonder now how much heat can the fuel lines hold?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.