• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

darksoul head upgarde

malray75

well boys we upgraded or 23 cc standard redcat engine and put a Darksoul cylinder head on and change piston and went racing this weekend/ today and we ran rich on half tank of fuel a nd striped main clutch gear off the clutch drive :mad: but on the happy not it flys:) we just need our metal gears to stand up to the treatment :confused: as for the darksoul head yep great improvement and gets up and goes cant wait to start leaning it out stand by for that moment :)

DemonRC

I've got two of them but havn't moved one over to the Rampage permenentally. The little time I tried it with my side DOM pipe I really liked it.

malray75

yep i wasnt there for the test but the power in it was pretty cool it also wielded the main gear to the shaft and well think we got issues with the gears now lol ah well it got hot in that department to as it melted the body ive been told its all warped now down that side so stand by and well try and read for a opinon or read for options hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Clubin

Banned
Well put moo,

I am curious to hear if it lasts for you. My kit is still around, every one wants to try it, but all it does is cost them money. :eek:

DemonRC

Clubin said:
Well put moo,
I am curious to hear if it lasts for you. My kit is still around, every one wants to try it, but all it does is cost them money. :eek:
What kit are u refering to? The DS head kit? If so is it a 2 bolt or 4 bolt? I would like to take it off your hands :) . I've been running the DS setup since they've come out and really like them. I got a feeling that the guys that burn em up are running more than a 25:1 mixture and aren't even using a shroud. I've seen lots of pics of these engines where the owner was too lazy to mod the shroud and just ran without one. I expected their engine to not last long. Anyways, I've been through 3 marine heads so far and all of them have died only because of old age. I bet I put 6 gallons each on the previous two and have got 4 gallons on my third. No problems so far.

Clubin

Banned
catchaser said:
What kit are u refering to? The DS head kit? If so is it a 2 bolt or 4 bolt? I would like to take it off your hands :) . I've been running the DS setup since they've come out and really like them. I got a feeling that the guys that burn em up are running more than a 25:1 mixture and aren't even using a shroud. I've seen lots of pics of these engines where the owner was too lazy to mod the shroud and just ran without one. I expected their engine to not last long. Anyways, I've been through 3 marine heads so far and all of them have died only because of old age. I bet I put 6 gallons each on the previous two and have got 4 gallons on my third. No problems so far.
Slawhammer bought all that krap off me. He had terrible luck too. I did mod a fan shroud, didn't help. Piston's get hot, expand and the top of the piston catches on the exhaust port, that was every failure I had. A relieved piston would have eliminated the issue, but by then I was so dissapointed in it. I just wanted a engine to go, I was over the "bling". Mine was a 4 bolt.

I have been running O'Neill and DDM ported 28.5's and never had any issues. Not even one failure.

malray75

test run and race day results lmao

well we were racing this weekend after we got hold of a new set of himoto gears and ali center plate which by far cooled the gears and that department down the car was retuned as we were runing rich to run the new head and pistons in that department runing at 55degrease so we not over heating there after the play on saturday in the park and the run in with the tree:eek:and broken front end it was back to the workshop and put the originals back in for race day sunday :eek:and a orderlist made up for a complete new ali front end to replace the plactics we had a play sunday after sum teathing issues in the first and second race we got a 2nd in the final :D car runining very well most imprest also a big thankyou to all of you guys in the forum its a great reading and very usefull tips cheers untill next time we play:D

regards

mal and merv

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts