• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

"D" gear Wobbling.....

G

Make sure both set screws are on the flat areas of the shaft. It might be the drive square that's a bit off.

G

I just noticed my D gear also has a slight wobble. I tore it down to find the shaft is perfect. No wear yet, only one gallon through it before I yanked the motor. I'm guessing some quality issues on the drive square or gear.

Deluge

That's what I don't like about the brake hub design. The tolerances within the brake hub are shabby, and when you have set screws that are threaded into one side, alignment issues are guaranteed. The D shaft on my MT has never been perfectly aligned, and I can definitely hear it when I roll it.

krashkrieg

Contributor
The D shaft is the ONLY thing I complain about on the MT...IT JUST PLAIN SUCKS!

The tolerences are horrible...the main cause when everything else looks good is the shaft never really spins true since they are connecting two shafts with the brake hub.

This is the main reason why you find many early posts about melting gears. RedCat "Fixed" this by doing away with the plastic gears and using metal. The wobble is still there...

Do a search for 'wobble' or 'D gear' or 'melting plastic gears'

G

I can't believe I didn't see this the first time. I removed my D gear again. I wanted to see if I had any shaft issues. I found some metal scrap that was in the square of the gear. It was stuck and had to remove it with the dremel. Last time I tore it down was at night, guess I just missed it. What caught my eye is the dent it left in the drive square. It now spins true.

ChuenouXiao

DustyR3825 said:
After further inspection I think the problem is my Brake Hub.......It looked really worn where the Pinion Gear and also the 2nd shaft go.....Made an order with Redcat Pitstop so hopefully this will fix the issue....
Please show me where the brake hub is at?

G

It is the piece the the brake discs ride on. Also connects the two piece lay shaft together.

-

b671918a.jpg

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
It is the piece the the brake discs ride on. Also connects the two piece lay shaft together.-

b671918a.jpg
What was the problem with this guy on his D gear wobbling? It have something to do with his brake hub?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts