• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

CY 29cc engine feedback....

Petrolheadz100

yes I actually have heard of him online and in the forums and I hear he does have good engines perhaps the next engine I decide to build or maybe purchase I'll get from him thanks for the info...going to check out his site now

Phill

NOTE: For customers installing this into the Losi 5IVE-T/TLR 5IVE-B or Desert Buggy XL (DBXL), you must use your stock fan cover and clutch - the CY Fan cover (EG411) and clutch case for proper fitment. We suggest you purchase the engine without clutch and purchase the CY Clutch Assembly (gt240) separately, if you do not have these parts already.

Are you referring to zenoah or cy? This is what the zg290 says

What you've got is what it says for the 320 on DDM site.
The 320 is wider and needs the shorter clutch holder.
What I put is what it says for the 290.
If you want to use the 320 you can buy it with the "shorty" clutch holder for an extra $5.
To put a 290 in a Redcat you only need the fan cover.
http://www.davesmotors.com/zenoah-g290rc-engine-966669901-4-bolt-topend-g290-290.html
No mention of Redcat.

Last edited:

sunoco

this is because of redcats 2 mounting bolts on the bottom of the fancover? -- I had issues with these bolts- replaced them with same style bolts- but good large phillips heads.-- turn the xb upside down on my upper legs while sitting on a chair- broke out my best 2 fister screwdriver- reefed them down good and solid.-- no more troubles.- bit of thread locker used also.-- blue.

Phill

this is because of redcats 2 mounting bolts on the bottom of the fancover? -- I had issues with these bolts- replaced them with same style bolts- but good large phillips heads.-- turn the xb upside down on my upper legs while sitting on a chair- broke out my best 2 fister screwdriver- reefed them down good and solid.-- no more troubles.- bit of thread locker used also.-- blue.

The bolt holes on the Zen fan cover don't line up with the holes in the chassis despite the fan covers being almost identical.
You just use your old fan cover and it fits straight in.

Phill

http://www.davesmotors.com/zenoah-g290rc-engine-966669901-4-bolt-topend-g290-290.html

Hmm, this is the g290 not 320, even steve said you need fan and clutch both....read the ad it says it....i guess ill test it when it comes

Btw...just noticed they lowered it 20.00 sale 2 days after i bought it, there goes my free outerwears...

When you get it just change the fan cover and it will go straight in.
Believe me I've been running the 290 for years in a Redcat.

Thwmathue

My xb has the 990 carb on the stock hy 30cc I give it a couple slow pulls to prime the carb and it will start within 2 pulls after priming.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts