• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

custom toothed pulleys

Burlzabra

ive had a thought of replacing the gears with toothed pulleys, there are alot of different sizes avalable but im starting off with 2mm pitch 6mm wide

Burlzabra

i have seen those before and im sure they work great but i wasnt so keen on spending $130, if these cheaper ones decide not to work for any reason i would be considering in one of those but i wasnt too keen on the 1:1 i would have liked to chop n change when i want if i had the opportunity.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/36T-8mm-Bore-6mm-Width-GT2-Timing-Belt-Aluminum-Drive-Pulley-F-DIY-3D-Printer-/381372117256?hash=item58cb8cb108:g:-ckAAOSwd0BV2pXW

im getting something like this it uses a 6mm wide belt which might to too thin but it fits with the stock cover on... if the belt decides to break i would go for the 16mm wide instead

Burlzabra

i havnt got 100 bucks to spend willy nilly, these cheap ones may work out fine for me and if they don't its a waste of a whole 5 bucks so its worth a go matey

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.