• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Custom RedCat MT Bodies Who is In?

Slimneill

Hi Guy,

I’m a current MT owner and I think part of the reason I don’t use it much is because I’m not loving the Chevy body and because it is junk.

I have access to a large CNC which could potentially make Body molds for vacuum forming. My question to the group is if I were to go about this I would have to be able to pay for it somehow. Because time and materials are not cheap.

My question to the group: If I were to create a body to fit the MT platform specifically, would there be interest?

What body style would you buy? Scale with monster truck tires (Same as stock body) or Widened body that baja tires under fenders (like SC truck)?

How much would you be willing to pay? (Initial estimates are that the thicker lexan sheet is about $50 per body + shipping) and I haven’t even figured out the Buck and machining center time.

Would there be interest in a preorder of the initial batch, like Kickstarter for RC bodies?

Feel free to post body pics and ideas! If there is a better place for this in the forum feel free to move it or tell me and I’ll repost it there.

-Dan

Hi Guy,

I’m a current MT owner and I think part of the reason I don’t use it much is because I’m not loving the Chevy body and because it is junk.

I have access to a large CNC which could potentially make Body molds for vacuum forming. My question to the group is if I were to go about this I would have to be able to pay for it somehow. Because time and materials are not cheap.

My question to the group: If I were to create a body to fit the MT platform specifically, would there be interest?

What body style would you buy? Scale with monster truck tires (Same as stock body) or Widened body that baja tires under fenders (like SC truck)?

How much would you be willing to pay? (Initial estimates are that the thicker lexan sheet is about $50 per body + shipping) and I haven’t even figured out the Buck and machining center time.

Would there be interest in a preorder of the initial batch, like Kickstarter for RC bodies?

Feel free to post body pics and ideas! If there is a better place for this in the forum feel free to move it or tell me and I’ll repost it there.

-Dan
Stadium truck would be nice or perhaps a Ford raptor .
Price I would say around $75 - 80
More if you could have light buckets ready for leds.

Goodie1975

Hi Guy,

-Dan
I am interested! Beetle, chevy blazer, bronco or el camino. I would by them all if you had them. 75-80 bucks

Ol' fart

I looked into the same thing and the biggest hang up was the CAD files. How do you plan to solve this problem? It can get very pricey.

Phill

I would be interested in a decent buggy body for the DR.
Something like the Losi 5 B Buggy to keep all the crap out.

G-Man

I would be interested in a body for my MT I like the raptor idea, Proline make one for the Xmaxx that fits. I am also with Phill and would like a body for the Dunerunner. Let me know

Slimneill

I would be interested in a body for my MT I like the raptor idea, Proline make one for the Xmaxx that fits. I am also with Phill and would like a body for the Dunerunner. Let me know

I hear you on the dune runner body. Unfortunately I don't have a dune runner chassis so unless someone wants to order enough to cover my costs and has a cad model or would send me one to 3d scan it's likely not going to come from me. My next purchase is going to be a 5iveT or 5iveB

Boohunter

Hi Guy,

Feel free to post body pics and ideas!ere is a better place for this in the forum feel free to move it or tell me and I’ll repost it there.

-Dan
I have the xt i prefer a f350 custom

strodedawg

I am looking for a custom body for my rally to convert it to an onroad gt car. Is that something that could be done?

Currently this is on the back burner as it would require a lot of capital that i don't currently have lol. But the more posts i see for interest i will consider it.
The raptor sounds great, I recently had something fall on my MT as I was going to another place to run it, had it in my trailer, and it broke the original body. I have put it back together and it not has aluminum rails running down the length of the truck and an aluminum diamond plate truck bed, but, a raptor body would be awesome, and should have plenty of wheel clearance as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.