• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

CPI pipe on XB

46u

Just got a reply from Mike at CPI and the Rampage pipe that is shown on his web site on a TT will fit a XB just when you order it you have to let them know it is for a XB as they have two set of brackets one for TT and one for XB.

If this pipe runs as well as the CPI pipes I run on my HPI 5b it will be a great all around pipe for the XB.

46u

bbuzzard said:
Well, I can't wait for you to get yours and see it running!!
Sorry to say it is going to be at least a few months do to my situation.

Raptorman670

I was also thinking about getting the CPI pipe for my XB they have a dyno sheet and video that shows 2 extra horsepower over stock. But does any one know if they have a lifetime warranty like the Jet Pro one? Does any one know the the horsepower increase is with the Jet Pro side mounted pipe? I am having a hard time deciding I like the looks of the Jet Pro and the warranty but I like the power increase of the CPI.

46u

Most times pipes are personal perforce. On another forum a member said he tired both the Jet Pro and the CPI. He said he liked the Jet Pro better. As far as the warranty on the Jet Pro I am guessing this covers material and workmanship.

So far with the two CPI pipes I have for my 5b SS the only problem I had the lower mounts broke after taking a hit to the back from another racer coming off a big jump that broke my right rear shock slap in two. Cannot blame the pipe for that. Mike at CPI makes quality products but never asked him about the warranty. Never had a need to.

ImminentFailure

Raptorman670 said:
I was also thinking about getting the CPI pipe for my XB they have a dyno sheet and video that shows 2 extra horsepower over stock. But does any one know if they have a lifetime warranty like the Jet Pro one? Does any one know the the horsepower increase is with the Jet Pro side mounted pipe? I am having a hard time deciding I like the looks of the Jet Pro and the warranty but I like the power increase of the CPI.
I had a MT jetpro on my XT (same as XB) for a bit before I sold it. Man oh man was that awesome. I'm a casual basher, and the difference on the stock motor was amazing. I'm 100% happy with the stocker with that pipe. I'll be getting the XB/XT side mount in the near future. It's protected by tires for roll overs, and attached to the frame in 2 spots. The mounts itself could be hit by a tank. The side mount requires taking out the left rear brace to make room for the coupler. With my XT I have some more ground clearance, you may not like it as much for an XB. I also am going to trencher tires that add a lot of roll out on the XT. The nice pipe prevents having to gear down.

Dino himself will recommend the side mount, but I know if I had the XB over XT i'd go rear mount. The wing posts add protection, and since I don't race and mostly bash alone, I don't have to worry about getting rear ended.

5B and T's all have pipes that can hide inside the bumper, or go up top of the body. Very limited on pipes for redcats. This is why a lot of people have X-can's on theirs in youtube vids, because it keeps it inside the roll cage.

CPI pipe come for XB? I only saw for MT/AWD, which has a different roll cage layout / format.

46u

ImminentFailure said:
CPI pipe come for XB? I only saw for MT/AWD, which has a different roll cage layout / format.
As per my first post I emailed Mike at CPI and he said it will work on the XB providing when it is ordered you request the mounting brackets for the XB. If any one ordered s this pipe I recommend you call them and confirm this and order it over the phone with the XB brackets. On the CPI web site it shows it mounted on a TT buggy.

My concern with the Jet Pro is how exposed it is. As I stated before I have both the standard and big bore pipes for my 5b SS

Last edited by a moderator:

racetruck

hey 46u when we tested the cpi pipes last year at large scale the cpi pipes did'nt perform as well as the jetpro side pipes i run the cpi 5t big bore pipe on my MT it was modded to fit and it performs better i also think you would bend the pipe because it mounts to the shock tower

46u

racetruck said:
hey 46u when we tested the cpi pipes last year at large scale the cpi pipes did'nt perform as well as the jetpro side pipes i run the cpi 5t big bore pipe on my MT it was modded to fit and it performs better i also think you would bend the pipe because it mounts to the shock tower
When you say did not perform as well please elaborate on that. I know many times pipes can be personal preference but I do thank you for your input.

How acceptable is the Jet Pro pipe to damage being it hangs off the side and so low to the ground?

Thanks.

racetruck

we had tested two pipes a long and a short the long pipe didnt have a good low end and the short had a good low end but didnt have a good top end i am sure what they sell now is the long pipe. the way dino mounts the jetpro side pipe with two chassie mounts it will take about all the abuse you can give it. maybe we can get rob64n to put up a good pic of the two mounting brackets of his Xb here is the best pic i have with the pipe on an XT were you see the two bolts in the chassie is where it is mounted it works great.

P3080290.jpg

46u

The XT sits higher off the ground then the XB correct. My concern is on the XB how close the stinger sits to the grown. Does the stinger sit lower then the chassis on a XB? Not saying this is a problem just checking to see if any one has ever had a problem.

Thanks

rob64n

Contributor
46u said:
The XT sits higher off the ground then the XB correct. My concern is on the XB how close the stinger sits to the grown. Does the stinger sit lower then the chassis on a XB? Not saying this is a problem just checking to see if any one has ever had a problem.Thanks
no the stinger does not sit lower than the chassis, you won't have any issues with clearance

46u

When I was racing I tried a side pipe on my 5b SS and it caught hell. Not from jumps or the tack but from other drivers. :eek: Being the closes track to me now is 300 miles away guess it does not mater as I will not be able to race much unless another track opens closer by.

rob64n

Contributor
on a 5b or 5t they are easy to get hit, but I haven't had a problem with getting hit, not saying it couldn't happen just not as likely. the tires keep alot away from the pipe

46u

rob64n said:
on a 5b or 5t they are easy to get hit, but I haven't had a problem with getting hit, not saying it couldn't happen just not as likely. the tires keep alot away from the pipe
Yes on the 5b the wheels are farther apart I beleive. Still torn between the Jet Pro and CPI. If I could afford it I would get both. But first I have to get the XB which I am working on if I can sell some of my 1/8 stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online