• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Couple ?'s about new TT

smoedog

Contributor
So i just got my new TT today (thanks rob), and i am cycling the battery right now. Tomorrow Im gonna go thru it with locktite and check everything out.

My question is, how do you bind the radio to the receiver with the bind plug? Also the included failsafe, am i going to have to set it up everytime i unplug the battery to charge it?

potatoperogy

sorry i cant answer your questions but i will need to know the answers for when my tt shows up.

i was wondering if you can cycle the battery with the stock charger or do you have an aftermarket charger to cycle?

and do the instructions explain how to set up the failsafe?

Last edited by a moderator:

smoedog

Contributor
Ya, there are instructions for the fail safe included. Im gonna do some experimenting with it to see if it has to be reset everytime you unplug it, get back to you later.

No you can't discharge with the stock charger. i have an imax b6 pro from value hobby (state side, no 4 week ship times from china) http://www.valuehobby.com/product_details.php?category_id=13&item_id=197

i cycled the battery by discharging it first at .5 amp to 5.4v, then charging it once at .8 amps. that gave my 1500mah, then i cycled it 3 times at 1a discharge/4amp charge and ended up with 3200mah.

Its an awesome charger for the price, and it will charge anything you can throw at it.

smoedog

Contributor
lol go over it like a fine tooth comb, a lot of screws weren't tight, i lock tighted everything that went into metal. and i found that one of the nuts was missing that holds the shock to the tower. ended up being in the bottom of the box

krashkrieg

Contributor
smoedog said:
lol go over it like a fine tooth comb, a lot of screws weren't tight, i lock tighted everything that went into metal. and i found that one of the nuts was missing that holds the shock to the tower. ended up being in the bottom of the box
Thanks, I plan to, UPS let me down, so Wed should be the day!

Instead I went and got a good no spill gas can and some GTX 927 synth racing oil.

smoedog

Contributor
lol FML, My receiver took a crap. Quit responding to the transmitter, tried to rebind, according to the directions it took the bind but still nothing. and with the receiver powered up the servo's weren't getting power, you could move the them by hand.

Oh well, name of the game. Called redcat and they had me fill out the warranty form and they said they'd get me a new one.

Im to impatient so i'll be runnning my blitz's am radio for now lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts