• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Couple problems with new Rampage MT

Phill

Hey Phil\Anyone
I ran about couple tanks breaking in new engine. Took it out to run yesterday. moves slow with Loud exhaust but no get up go. Crawls basically. Ive tore down and put back drive gears because it was acting like a loose set screw on the pinion gear but that was not the issue (stripped a couple screws for my efforts trying to tear it down; will have to figure out how to get those out later. I had to find a work around to take out what i needed to). If anyone knows where I can get the screws that bolts the transmission gears and brake brace to the chassis please let me knw. Also checked to make truck rolls freely if i push it no binding of brakes or gears.

Any Ideas??? Clutch maybe. Im not sure how to test if clutch is having a problem. It does move but slow. I installed an 8000rpm clutch spring as soon as i got the engine back. Almost there. I can see the finish line Lol.

Check your parts list it should give you the sizes.
Are the brakes binding who be my second thought.
Get a long thin screw driver and see if you can jiggle the brake discs.
Where are you.
I've got a good supplier here in Oz.
HSP parts are identical BTW.

pfrederi1

Check your parts list it should give you the sizes.
Are the brakes binding who be my second thought.
Get a long thin screw driver and see if you can jiggle the brake discs.
Where are you.
I've got a good supplier here in Oz.
HSP parts are identical BTW.

Hey appreciate the info Phil. Im in the USA.

And yes the brakes are free. i can roll the vehicle without any problems.

pfrederi1

FINALLY!!! I feel like the truck is running\responding at least baseline as what it should. Still leaves more to be desired on the top end though. Any ideas on what to do to improve top end speed would be helpful (HSN adjustment?). When i hit WOT kinda flattens out. Im not sure if it was me installing the DDM Dominator pipe or if I finally got the stock carburetor close to being dialed in but big difference on the low end.

That stock tuned S pipe is LOUD!!!! (and yes this one cracked AGAIN) For such a small package I had neighbors and folks coming over from far and near to see what it was. Hella loud noise and no get up and go. Only pro was that I like the way it sound when its idling. Loud enough sounds like a real dirt bike. I coudnt believe it was louder than the DDM Dominator pipe. But as soon as you hit that throttle it all goes to hell and the truck struggles to move. Not anymore. i didnt realize a pipe would make THAT much of a difference. My ears got a relief when i installed the domintor pipe.

Thanks again to all who gave input. Much appreciated its been just trying to get this thing to run baseline.

Phill

I once had my neighbours come outside and tell me they'd been watching the Grand Prix on TV but my DR sounded more interesting.
I run a Jetpro rear mount.

sunoco

off topic-- phil, i used the computer to study Yeppoon for a short time-- wow! paradise !-- went to Yeppoon reality-- and saw - well i think it must be heaven on earth--- 12/1 Bartlem Street, Yeppoon. A home like that would cost several million in America. I did talk to a sheep truck driver long ago on a cb radio-- very good conditions permitted a quick contact-- au to north west usa. one in a million that contact was----

Phill

I'm on the beach about 8ks north of Yeppoon in a tiny area called Bangalee
We have a 4WD access to the beach at the end of my street.
This is my backyard
I also have vids of Wreck Point and Keppel Bay Marina on there.
They're about 15 mins south of Yeppoon.
That CB call is amazing.
I've heard you can get a bounce like that if the weather conditions are just right.
Below is my house
Bangalee main.jpg

sunoco

thank you kindly for the vids. you have a very nice home ! are you allowed to run r-c on the beach -when its safe to do so? early mornings ? My self, I live in north west corner of usa.- state of washington- in the central part of wa, there is a smaller city called Ephrata, pop approx 8k.-- This is a large crop growing area- the water comes from the Grand coluee dam north of my location, 2 huge canals feed this areas crops.-- The cherry crop -harvest will start soon. last year- best guess- 20 million - 20 pound flats of cherries were harvested. This is a simi arid desert here- transformed by water from the columbia river to productive land. Me? i am 59.- going on 18!! all i did was work hard labor, rode dirt bikes on sundays and saved my $$.-- I flipped several homes before i came to Ephrata. Bred fresh water tropical fish for extra money-- Place i have here was built by goverment for a big shot boss years ago who helped build Grand Coluee dam.-- Its a decent place. family made an agreement years ago- as we got older we would move back to be closer to the parents.-- me being the oldest- never married- this was the honorable & right thing to do.

Phill

Very similar story.
I'm older - 64 going on 20.
Started off in NSW and ended up in QLD 20 yrs ago flipping houses along the way until I ended up in Yeppoon 4 yrs ago.
You can run RCs on the beach anytime but during the week is best with less people.
The wife has told me you can hear my nitro and 1/5 clearly from my house so I don't know what the beach goers think of em!
I've always been into road bikes but have ridden a few dirt bikes in my time.
It's amazing what they can do with irrigation.
There's talk of building a dam near me to do the same.
That property you were looking at is up for auction and they're asking buyers to bring $5k deposit.
Probably sell for $4-500K.
If it was n Brisbane or Sydney it would be 10 times that.

pfrederi1

I'm on the beach about 8ks north of Yeppoon in a tiny area called Bangalee
We have a 4WD access to the beach at the end of my street.
This is my backyard
I also have vids of Wreck Point and Keppel Bay Marina on there.
They're about 15 mins south of Yeppoon.
That CB call is amazing.
I've heard you can get a bounce like that if the weather conditions are just right.
Below is my house
View attachment 14135

Are you TRYING to make us hate you man LOL!!! Lovely view!!!

Dusty

Hey
Hey Phil\Anyone
I ran about couple tanks breaking in new engine. Took it out to run yesterday. moves slow with Loud exhaust but no get up go. Crawls basically. Ive tore down and put back drive gears because it was acting like a loose set screw on the pinion gear but that was not the issue (stripped a couple screws for my efforts trying to tear it down; will have to figure out how to get those out later. I had to find a work around to take out what i needed to). If anyone knows where I can get the screws that bolts the transmission gears and brake brace to the chassis please let me knw. Also checked to make truck rolls freely if i push it no binding of brakes or gears.

Any Ideas??? Clutch maybe. Im not sure how to test if clutch is having a problem. It does move but slow. I installed an 8000rpm clutch spring as soon as i got the engine back. Almost there. I can see the finish line Lol.

Hey man , any luck getting your issue figured out ? Have you checked the clutch ? As for screws you can check your break down sheet and cross the part # with the spare parts list and it will give you the screw size . You can usually find them at most decent hardware stores or specialty fastener retailers like fastenal or your local equivalent. As for an online source I ordered almost ever screw type on are parts list from TONY’S SCREWS.COM
They are better screws than are stock hardware sold for RC use . Cost me $60 shipped to order everything he had on are list that was in stock .

pfrederi1

Hey Thanks Dusty. Well I think I figured it out. After replacing the S pipe tuned exhaust with a a Dominator and retuning the carb it runs much better than before. So im not sure if its the carb or the exhaust or both. Still slow though but responds much better than before and faster than before.

Also see my previous post from Wednesday up a few posts. Ill check out the site recommedned. Thx

Dusty

Oh lol yeah man check out Tony’s screws ... it’s the cheapest I’ve found and easy to look for what you need if you know the type and size . Depending on the size of hardware the price is for a bag of 10-20 on most

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online