• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Corso's MT

Corso

Did some work to my MT over the last couple days. Added a RAMTech kill-switch, Shred Stack, HPI filter & Outerwears pre-filter, and DDM Dominator pipe. Everything fit great and works as advertised. Very happy with quality and fit and finish of everything.

I have to say, just like real cars/trucks, I love wrenching on things when they are still new and clean. Next up is a SCNC belt-drive kit. I've been tracking it, thought it would be here today, looks like it will be tomorrow. :D

Some pics:

Corso

Having trouble posting more than one pic at a time....?

image.jpg

image.jpg

/monthly_2016_02/image.jpg.22ddd7a70335e3423bd947589988eb74.jpg

Corso

Picture 3:

image.jpg

image.jpg

/monthly_2016_02/image.jpg.bf5be8c5d35accb85dc59035caf05628.jpg

Corso

Biggest annoyance so far is the battery/receiver box. Need to come up with a better solution.

Corso

Ran my truck for the first time last weekend (other than the high school parking lot). I ran it for like probably a combined total of 15mins. in my buddy's large back yard that is all grass and predominantly flat. No jumping or or anything of the sorts.

Well, both of my front shocks are leaking......a lot. A little disappointing. I checked on Redcat's site and they note that suspension parts are not covered under the 90-day warranty.

Is this common? If so, what are owners doing for a solution? Rebuilding the shocks after every run obviously isn't practical. Do people ever mount them inverted? Are the resi-shocks any better quality-wise?

Thanks

Corso

Corso said:
Ran my truck for the first time last weekend (other than the high school parking lot). I ran it for like probably a combined total of 15mins. in my buddy's large back yard that is all grass and predominantly flat. No jumping or or anything of the sorts. Well, both of my front shocks are leaking......a lot. A little disappointing. I checked on Redcat's site and they note that suspension parts are not covered under the 90-day warranty.

Is this common? If so, what are owners doing for a solution? Rebuilding the shocks after every run obviously isn't practical. Do people ever mount them inverted? Are the resi-shocks any better quality-wise?

Thanks
No shock tips from the Redcat veterans...?

designed2survive

Have not yet had any issue with the shocks, but again I have an XB. May be the weight difference but I doubt it. They may just need to be properly tighten.

Corso

Took the MT out for a romp today to my new favorite spot. Truck is running insane!! Such a fun toy. Took some cool pics with my other toy truck. :D

image.jpg

image.jpg

/monthly_2016_04/image.jpg.4ad8a43ef2ee3ff6efeea7c0e709011a.jpg

Corso

Still can't post more than one pic per post, sorry. :confused:

image.jpg

image.jpg

/monthly_2016_04/image.jpg.c570869d2be616cf0e142b97aebdd93e.jpg

REVOlutionary Rampage

I wouldn't jump the truck too much or high. they don't jump well unless it gets put on a diet. Stock the trucks are heavy. And you could always try plumbers tape if they are leaking out of the caps. Mine are leaking too but I have to replace a bearing before I fix that problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts