• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Clutch spring?

SHOOTA0075

Hello all, I'm getting a brand new XT. I will like more torque off the line. Will adding the 8000 rpm red spring (ONLY) with the stock shoes give me a bit more than the stock? (Using just for bashing)

Phill

It comes down to personal preferences.
I find the 6k spring much more "driveable"
With the 8k you're either going fast or in neutral.

SHOOTA0075

Thanks for the reply, i was beginning to think that no one was here ?

Dobber72

Hello all, I'm getting a brand new XT. I will like more torque off the line. Will adding the 8000 rpm red spring (ONLY) with the stock shoes give me a bit more than the stock? (Using just for bashing)
May as well buy a couple sets of shoes and they usually come with extra springs because if your gonna bash alot you'll go through a clutch shoe pretty fast. Oh I usually don't get on here until the weekend.
Hope you have as much fun with your XT as I do. Happy bashing.

SHOOTA0075

So should i just install a whole clutch spring and shoes to get better last out of the shoes? Suggestions?

Dobber72

So should i just install a whole clutch spring and shoes to get better last out of the shoes? Suggestions?
I always just install the new springs with a new set of shoes. I've bought the $9.00 clutches and the $100 ones and you'll get about the same wear from both.

Tvbest

I think you should break it in first before you put different things on it such as springs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts