• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Closed wheels body

Ice_2k

Is there a body available for the Dunerunner that covers the wheels? The only track in my area is only for onroad vehicles and they won't let me use the DR because of the open wheels.

Phill

I had Grafil go through their bodies and they didn't have one wide enough.

If you happen to find one to fit pls let me know as I'd like to get an enclosed one myself

Ice_2k

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice_2k

I won't argue with the build quality, still, it's about a third of the price of a 5th scale redcat... or almost half the price of an OBR engine... seems exaggerated to me, no matter how tough it is. Maybe it's also the fact that I only want something to cover the wheels so I can get onto the onroad track, I don't really care about the toughness, nothing to hit there... :)

designed2survive

Ice_2k said:
I won't argue with the build quality, still, it's about a third of the price of a 5th scale redcat... or almost half the price of an OBR engine... seems exaggerated to me, no matter how tough it is. Maybe it's also the fact that I only want something to cover the wheels so I can get onto the onroad track, I don't really care about the toughness, nothing to hit there... :)
Bodies are expensive. Personally not a fun of grafil bodies (something about the look and durability. There were issues with durability at one point where they would chatter easily. May be they are tougher now.

Ice_2k

I would be perfectly happy with a very fragile body, as I said there's nothing on that track to hit, I just need it to cover my wheels so I can be allowed in... That being said, you can imagine that something coming close to 200$ Is WAY more than I'm willing to spend.

Phill

Ice_2k said:
I would be perfectly happy with a very fragile body, as I said there's nothing on that track to hit, I just need it to cover my wheels so I can be allowed in... That being said, you can imagine that something coming close to 200$ Is WAY more than I'm willing to spend.
Same here

$200 is ridiculous

robygon

You can get another MT body cut it in half front to back, fill the middle with cardboard for support with a good glue from the inside. Mold it with body filler and make your own mold for fiberglass if you don't have a willing budy that let you copy his. I don't know how skilled you are with fiberglass and body filler, but if you are the sky is the limit. If you want it to be strong make a roll cage around attached to the body.

Or you can make your own stile with cardboard and spray foam.

the prices of those bodies are ridiculous 2 or 3 hundreds for a piece plastic, no way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts