• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Cleaning ?

laganm21

I took my Ramp Mt mudding today with some baja guys needless to say they wish they had 4 wheel drive lol, but my question is what's the best way to clean these trucks, On my Big block Tmaxx i would take the servo's off and spray the truck down with 409 or half and half simple green and used a air compresser, but that was on nitros.

kryptonite

same way. just pull the electronics out. i pull them all out together by taking out the 8 chassis screws for the servo mount and radio box. you might want to pull the hub bearings and hit them with wd-40. they arent sealed and may lock up on you as the products that you mentioned are water based..

note: its just me, but i like to pull as much stuff off as possible and make sure everything is really clean. that mud gets everywhere and can couse sloppy suspension arms and stuff as it wears away the plastic around the suspensin pins and stuff.

good job show'in them 5b's up

laganm21

That sounds good, what about the motor how carefull do u have to be when getting it wet/damp , also one of my 5b buddys got a little little rock stuck in the flywheel today at first we thought the motor sieze up, but we took the pull start cover off and there was a rock wedge in the flywheel jamming the motor, do yaw have problem with this happing of is it just because the 5b just sit so low

kryptonite

just block up the exhoust and carb., no worries. and yes, it could be an issue with the ramp as well with the rocks. it could do alot of damage to the fly wheel. you can put mesh on the underside of the motor and jb weld it on. ive never done that and just delt with the rocks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts