• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Chimera vs. Losi Desert

reckone

Im debating on picking up a Chimera. I noticed Losi has there Desert buggy out and appears very similar to the Chimera. Anyone know if they share some of the same parts at all? Looking to see whats interchangeable with the chimera besides just some rampage parts.

Silent_chaos

They're not even close. Chimera has nothing to do with losi.

No. I don't think the parts are interchangeable. At all

Chimera has the same platform of xb/xt. You'll find good aftermarket upgrades. The chimera is subject to a chassis bent, so ull need 7075 chassis and 7075 diff housings.

However Losi dbxl has a much more durable platform, yes it's engine is a bit underpowered (23cc) but in the long run, the Losi has a lot of Forum support and solid aftermarket parts that are coming along together.

reckone

Ah ok thanks. Iv mostly only dealt with the XB and Rally so thats all I have ever really looked into.

X-ray man

I personally like the look of the chimera better but I have heard that the losi quality is better, you probably won't go wrong no mAtter which you choose

Petrolheadz100

Buddy of mine has a Losi DBXL and my chimera doesn't have anything to look up to, for 300.00 less ill put my own aftermarket parts

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.