• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Chimera to XB Conversion possible

Spaceferret42

So I am considering converting my new Chimera sand rail back to a XB considering they are build on the same chassis. To try and eliminate the shocks from breaking what is essentially the new body considering it is only supported in the back, front and across the top no buttom support and hardly any prevention from breaking from mild jumps. Also considering it appears no aftermarket side roll cage parts are available. Another possibility I have in to works is getting a cad drawing made of the side roll cage peices so I can have a place like pcbway 3dprint new ones out of a sturdier material

Spaceferret42

So I was looking into getting sturdier rollcages 3dprinted and someone on the 3d print forum made the suggestion of electroplating the exiting plastic roll cage to make it more sturdy has anyone tried this

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts