• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Chimera tires and wheels

CyberVet65

Contributor
I just got a used Chimera EP. I know adapters are available for running HPI wheels and tires.

I don't want to get wheels and tires too large because on the EP heat is a factor.

And I don't want to be locked into the proprietary tires and wheels that Red Cat uses.

Are the 7075 front end upgrades to remove the slop worth the money? What about the aluminum diffs?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

FMcamaroZ28

I would suggest just running it and see what you think first.

If you are staying with the stock motor, the diffs will be fine. Just keep an eye on them. If you see any leaking or notice unusual running then worry about it. If you are doing a XL2/2028 conversion, then the diffs may be worth looking at.

Either way, 7075's parts are top notch.

But yeah, a good set of bigger tires will be good. I got a set of trencher knockoffs from ebay (called the excavators) and they work great. I tried searching for them but can't seem to find them anymore like i bought them, but you can see more on this thread:

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=13283&highlight=tires&page=2

CyberVet65

Contributor
Thanks. I don't want to go too big. With heat issues.

Does anyone have any pictures of the 7075 adapters and wheels in place?

Last edited by a moderator:

phreerider

The diff box yes! The caster/spindle is nice love the setup , redcat alloy parts seem just sturdy, no issue both with 100's of hours , the alloy steering set by redcat has been problem free as well ... The steering links though need fresh parts a lot ... That's where $ should spent

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online