• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Chimera shock oil

DMenace

Banned
So what does everyone run for shock oil weight? I bought a brand-new chimera and noticed that the front shocks are good but the rear shocks have no real dampening. There like they have no oil just springs because the the back of the car is bouncy even with no preload. I want to go to a heavy oil 50 weight or higher but what is recommended?

topblissgt

Betcha there is no oil in it cause mine is fine. Just like the fronts. I have seen a new Losi desert buggy in a local hobby shop like that. Ill bet the factory did not fill the shocks like your rears

BertR

I run 45wt in all 4...get rid of the stock oil as soon as possible! You will be glad you did with the better handling.

jonivtec

I just change to 40w on all for shock...superb smooth operation in front...seem to light rear...feel spongy and sprigny...gonna use 50 next.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online