• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Chimera parts compatability with xb and mt??

Petrolheadz100

Are the parts for the XB and the Mt compatible with chimera? I have been trying to find parts and have not had any luck only parts for the m m t and x b

G-Man

Are the parts for the XB and the Mt compatible with chimera? I have been trying to find parts and have not had any luck only parts for the m m t and x b
I am pretty sure any of the X-Series are compatible with each other and the Chimera falls into that group also. Maybe go on the Redcat site and look at the schematics of each of them for part numbers to compare. I do know the MT does not have the same parts. The engine and transmission is the only thing I know of that can be used with all of them. The MT and Dunerunner use alot of the same parts BTW

Petrolheadz100

I notice the differential drivetrain makes a high pitch sound from the gears is it ok to apply some grease on the tranny gears to quiet them a bit?

G-Man

I notice the differential drivetrain makes a high pitch sound from the gears is it ok to apply some grease on the tranny gears to quiet them a bit?
High pitch noise may be a bearing going bad in the gear plate. But yes you can lube those trans. gears, I'd use a silicone spray or some other sort of dry spray that won't attract dirt yet still lubricate.

Petrolheadz100

High pitch noise may be a bearing going bad in the gear plate. But yes you can lube those trans. gears, I'd use a silicone spray or some other sort of dry spray that won't attract dirt yet still lubricate.
I just bought it only 8 tanks of fuel just broke it in, now hat i stripped he whole car down since i was told i have to remove the engine to install the outerwear i see the noise is normal just the spinning of the gearbox and tooth mesh, i will still lube it maybe wih silicone as you mentioned. Chimera is really easy to work on now hat i see how it all works

Petrolheadz100

Forgot to mention its not running due to the pipe that split on my last run, i see others have the same issue with the stock pipe breaking from vibration / heat and bad welds i guess

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online