• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Chilliwack, Fraser Valley, British Columbia

pipeous

I'll try and find a link but there is a small bash track on fraser hwy in abby. it's called full throttle. I live in Surrey but work part time at Mertin's in Chilliwack detailing... I am going to try and work a deal with the go kart track out there. The sales manager at Mertin's has a Baja too, and we were talking about all the unused space at the go kart track. I'll be at Hyundai Fri and Sat (in back in the service area) and I'll bring a couple of my toys.

potatoperogy

i did just get to see full throttle a week ago...my friend just got himself a 5t, and we helped a friend of his bring some rocks out there for a tough truck compitition on may 24.

which go cart track are you speaking of? theres one at cultus lake that has not been used for years....i was going to try to get a bash park and track going there.

theres also one somewhere behind the prospera centre that just started the season of running go carts. ive never seen this one, was just told about it by a coworker when he heard i ordered a 1/5th scale.

anyways its great to hear from a dude thats not too far away. it would be nice to get a little crew of guys that are all into 1/5th scale and into building a few tracks and bash sites.

my friend with the 5t has built a track in yarrow on a guy's acreage (pure dirt no rocks) but we are not sure if nitros or fuellies are allowed...

Last edited by a moderator:

potatoperogy

oh and if you'd like my buddy is having a meet and greet at the dirt park in yarrow on june 5. i think he will have his 5t there along with a bunch of slashes he will let kids and people without their own rc use.

so we should be able to use fuellies on that day....get details on facebook search for "ChargeRC" or i think they have a website...its a new business.

pipeous

I'll come out june 5th, I have an electric 1/10 4wd sc and my 1/8 sc just needs esc and motor... the other go kart track is under 10 mins away from Mertin Hyundai, just north and east. the sales manager was telling me about it.

I am going to try carving a mold to make a Tiburon for my redcat rally. don't expect anything too fast though, I am certainly not a pro woodcarver LOL. it will be wood and bondo I am sure.

we have a lot of guys actually live in abby, mission, maple ridge etc. full throttle has potential but he needs to make more than just a dual oval layout to attract more guys. most of my buds want a challenge. you need to have turns and not just one way like nascar ;)

there is also Crystal Air on Fraser Hwy north langley. they use to own savage rc in surrey. 2 brothers own bajas and have acreage. we stand on the hill and painted orange paint for a track and ran in the grass. pretty rough for my marder

we had our annual gtg at full throttle last year but today it's back at kwantlen park in surrey. I am just about to go load my car up. I am more into on road 1/5 and the lot there is small, so more just an idling demo for me.

potatoperogy

cool i hope to see you in yarrow. my name is rio, and bring any friends whether they have an rc or not, my buddy will have slash's and trail trucks for those without their own rides.

pipeous

if you check the vids at rc pitstop forum in the general section... most of that group will show up, plus a lot of guys from closer to you. if you guys are down I can get them to bring planes and rockets and stuff too. we do that meet and greet and a Scout Demo at Camp David every year (you have to see the Scout gig.) We have rc stations setup all over this park and every 15 mins a new group of 20 kids comes around, and we spend the day. We show the models, explain mechanics and such, they ask questions, then we do a demo. repeat as each group goes... in the afternoon we just ad lib and entertain the kids. we have to find new blood for the hobby and those kids are willing to wrench hehe. they make water rockets and show us their hobby too.

potatoperogy

i don't know. i've never actually been to this place. the guy thats putting on the meet and greet is a coworker and i said i'd help out with marshalling or charging batteries or whatever.

i don't think theres any pavement on site but there would probably be something nearby.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts