• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Checklist for First Run!!!!

Ron E

Contributor
not at all, it's a great truck... for what they cost. do some basic mods and replace a few things and you'll have a great 5th scale truck thats very tough. almost any rtr you buy will need some mods/upgrades. don't get discouraged, just stick with it, it gets better. :D

although if ya want to trade for a new brushless edition e-maxx with new lipo's i'll hook ya up... :)

hamster huey

These trucks are great. Most people buy a 1/5 scale for about 500-800 with a few hopups and have about 1000-1500 in it by the time its fully customized. That goes for any 1/5 and just the nature of the beast no matter what 1/5 scale we're talking about.

RampageHopUps

For the V3 Models:

The CVD axles still use a pressed in drive pin. Press that outer pin out and re-install with red or green loctite. This will lock the pin in, so it doesn't work its way out.

fastlane

Team Driver
IMO you can't get into a better 1/5. The Rampage is one hell of a platform and this forum is like a family. We all pitch in and help one an other. I don't think I could own anything better as far as rc'n goes. I have owned many rc trucks and just traded my dm-1 car for a sc truck but my Ramp goes nowhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

hamster huey

Do you have pic? Im not sure I understand. Im still running v1 bones and want to get ready for my v3?

RampageHopUps

The V3 repalces the dogbones with a CVD. On the wheel end of the CVD is the drive pin, just like the dogbone. They need to be loctited in, or they some loose and destroy something else.

krashkrieg

Contributor
nanoali said:
what do you thunk about removing the gear cover when you are using steel gears?
I would think it would open you up to having crap get in there....dirt, grass, sticks, pebbles etc.

Does anyone know if the White plastic gears are less prone to melting? ....

Is venting the gear cover still necessary on the V3 models?

I'm putting together a first run checklist for the V3 models (mine should be here in 2 weeks)

krashkrieg

Contributor
Thanks for the answer. UPS let me down, hopefully it'll be here Wed...

Edit: Rampage is here! Wow, Pictures, no matter how I looked at, don't translate to how big it looks in my garage...HUUUGGE

Gonna need a workstand

From the factory, my upper arm was backward....kinda funny...

jcmgroom

On the v3 TT buggys, the checklist that is posted on this thread does all that still apply ? Im not sure if that applyed to the v1/v2 , I was told that they made improvments in the v3, just not sure what they are.

Also, can someone please tell me the proper way to vent the gear cover? I know its not good to run without, but, venting without getting grass,rocks,ect. Thank you

John

Ron E

Contributor
jcmgroom said:
On the v3 TT buggys, the checklist that is posted on this thread does all that still apply ? Im not sure if that applyed to the v1/v2 , I was told that they made improvments in the v3, just not sure what they are.
Also, can someone please tell me the proper way to vent the gear cover? I know its not good to run without, but, venting without getting grass,rocks,ect. Thank you

John
this is an old pic but shows how i cut the bottom of the gear cover off and drilled a bunch of holes, plus i just like showing pics... :D

January2010006.jpg

January2010009.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.