Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.
Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!
http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=1039Billsky said:What do you mean by Place a short bit of fuel line tubing in each drive cup to center the dogbones at full extension? I just got the Rampage MT and the back left dogbone clicks (Quite Loudly) when you move the truck, is this what you are talking about to get it centered? Or something completely different? Just want to make sure it could be something else.
Something I thought you might wanna add to this check list is to lok tite the 2 set screws on the brake hub. These backed out on my at about a gallon in causing the small pinion gear to not spin.RampageHopUps said:OK, lets start a thread to announce what needs to be checked before you run it the first time.
1) Check all the screws on the vehicle.
2) Oil the air filter. Better yet, get another air filter.
3) Charge the battery and cycle at least a few times.
4) Check to make sure the carb is fully opening. On high end radios you can set the endpoints.
5) Check the brakes are operating correctly.
6) Check your radio range.
7) Apply blue loctite to the wheel nuts. There are no serrations on the stock nuts. Or use HPI Baja nuts, or DarkSoul nuts.
8) Take the stinger off the stock muffler. Switch to a gutted can or another type of exhaust for more power.
9) Switch out the stock c-clip that holds the shock piston in place. Use a 3mm Heavy Duty clip from HPI or FastEddy.
10) Use blue loctite to secure the 3 bolts that hold the clutch housing on.
11) Check the fuel line tubing to make sure the return line is connected to the primer bulb location. Pull out that line and make sure its not the fuel filter line.
12) Make sure the stiffening ring is on the rim around the hex drive.
13) Check steering trims are set, so nothing hits at full turns.
14) Place a short bit of fuel line tubing in each drive cup to center the dogbones at full extension.
Thanks, now I know what to look at when ordering (and I WILL be) replacement parts.Deluge said:Here you go...http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=3456
The air filter was a recent change.