• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Cheap Homemade Dogbone Leashes

hamster huey

I used zip ties for this. Make sure they are loose enough not to bind under max/min suspension throw. Make sure the ends of the dog bones cant slip through if they get loose. I borrowed this idea from my rc10t4 after it kept breaking cvds. The good thing about dogbones vs. cvds is they are cheaper to replace and they can be leashed so you don't lose them. The Ramps bones are 21.99 pair so Leash 'em Don't Lose 'em!

kryptonite

huey!! that is a great idea. i lose more bones on my tt then my mt, but was thinking about spraying them white. its tough trying to find them in the grass. thanx for the tip. that will save me some shells.. thanx

kryptonite

i actoully like and want the extra suspension travel. i lose dog bones when i break something up front and they go flying

kryptonite

mooman007uk said:
I found it binds like a bastard on full droop, when i turned the drivetrain the fronts would bind and turn the steering to one side
straps don't work for front breakage...I've been lucky though and found my bones the couple of times they came out seeing as the truck kinda came to very abrupt halts:D
ya moo. i had that problem too when i used the ear plugs to center the shaft. i used quarter inch automotive fuel line now. the measurement has to be perfect cous it doesn't compress well. i have to adjust length about 4 times for each cup..lol..but ther don't bind at full throw whaen you spin the wheels. im also running rear shock bodies on the front with rear hpi shafts too. i keep bugging my wife about the straps becouse it will help save my shock pistons. even with nuts and washers they still get pulled out on really large jumps. it will also save my plastic shock cap when i land belly up on one wheel..

hamster huey

You can still break an outdrive and chuck a dog bone. I would run leashes even with limiters for that reason. But I do agree limiters definatly have their place. When I do mine I am going to put spacers on the shock shafts, old school.

DemonRC

mooman007uk said:
limiting straps, limiting straps, limiting straps. the only way to go, stops too much droop which gets the geometry all wrong which leads to bone be gone.
Moo did you just make up a RC song? Comon you could turn that into a marketing jingle for limiting straps.

aussie

mooman007uk said:
limiting straps, limiting straps, limiting straps. the only way to go, stops too much droop which gets the geometry all wrong which leads to bone be gone.
I wouldn't leave home without mine and they hold it all together when you smack into something...well worth the couple of hours it takes to knock some up

hi julian

great idea mate

iv found 4 nice alloy mounts in my hobby box with straps but they are only 3" long the straps.

can you please tell us how long the straps should be in the rite position needed to help that show in your picture please ???

cheers

glen

Last edited by a moderator:

kryptonite

Projectgp said:
Has anyone ever tried the Dark Sonny limiting straps on the Baja forums? Do they work or does he make a set for the redcats?
they wont work as their a diffrent length. you can easly make them yourself the same way using the cables.

csp1971

Contributor
badboy2 said:
do the bones tends to fall all the time?is there anyone making a bit longer bones?like phatdad or darksoul?
I haven't lost one yet or had one pop out. But, I don't doubt I will and I really need to do this mod. You might do some homemade suspension limiting straps. I have done those so the droop is greatly reduced. Moo did some fancy ones, but my skills are limited.

I also use some foam earplugs cut down to center the dogbones and to minimize the movement in the cups.

No one makes any a bit longer at this time. I don't think anyone will either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts