• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Chassis Screws for Diff and Roll Cage

RampageHopUps

Hi folks, I have foudn an engineered screw that will help those that stripped their diff screws from over-tightening. The 8 diff screws and bumper screws are threaded into plastic. The factory screws are machine screws, which can strip under load.

These new screws are called Plastite Trilobular screws, which grab into the plstic better and have a semi-triangular thread shape, which helps it hold better under vibration.

PlastiteScrew1.JPG

PlastiteScrew2.JPG

The screw uses a T-20 head, which is the only way I was able to get them. They use these alot in high volume manufacturing, such as Ryobi Trimmers and lawnmovers.

I will be testing them this weekend, and if they work, i will bag them up 60 to a bag and start selling them on my site.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sprint 77

Contributor
I will be using a metric machined on my 4130 Chromoly Roll cage so that will give me two spares for the diff.

Last edited by a moderator:

RampageHopUps

OK, I have a huge box of screws now. I replaced as many as I could find, and came up with 56 places that the M5 screw goes into plastic. I will bag them up in sets of 60 pieces, with a cost of $9.99 shipped to the USA. . Screw Kit Here

I will also start looking for a replacement for the M4 screw that nolds down the battery box, steering wipers, and gas tank straps.

RampageHopUps

Could be. Mine were loose today as well. I'm going to give it a thrashing in the monring and see what happens.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts