• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

chassis clearance around pull start bolts

Kaz the Minotaur

The 2 lower pull start bolts are partially blocked by where the chassis flares up on the side. This does not allow one to chuck a hex wrench in a drill to remove the pull start. Do you think it would effect chassis strength if one were to cut out a small piece of the chassis to allow access to the lower bolts from the side with a drill / hex wrench? Instead of using a T handle hex?

flint mann

I haven't had any problems on that side. I use a nut driver with an extension to put them in and take them out

MOfroggy

I can't see how a little bit of grinding is going to make a lot of difference. The frame is really thick. I personally use a ball end. One thing that bugs me though is the clearance between the starter housing and the roll cage post. It sure makes it hard to hitch up that side of of the velcro on the aftermarket cover.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.