• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Changed tires and gearing.... sluggish??

rawb4291

today I changed out my bigger tires for my smaller ones. I also changed the hearing for the smaller tires. I put 31,29,25,25 steel gears. I have plastic ones for the bigger tires. I have noticed with the smaller tires/gearing the gear box gets a little warmer than with the plastic gears. It also seems more sluggish with the smaller tires/gearing than with the bigger ones/gearing. Does anyone know what would cause this or is it normal?

designed2survive

today I changed out my bigger tires for my smaller ones. I also changed the hearing for the smaller tires. I put 31,29,25,25 steel gears. I have plastic ones for the bigger tires. I have noticed with the smaller tires/gearing the gear box gets a little warmer than with the plastic gears. It also seems more sluggish with the smaller tires/gearing than with the bigger ones/gearing. Does anyone know what would cause this or is it normal?

@rawb4291 Metal to metal will create more heat, that's normal! Try switching your gear to 29,31,25,25.

rawb4291

Well I got a chance to take the rampage out today and the gearing is fine. Now I have another problem. I cracked the front diff housing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts