• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

castle xl2 with leopard 5692 1090kv motor

bigfol

This is my old set up, neu 1527 install pic's coming soon...... :)

bigfol

bigblkblazin said:
pictures with the 1527 please .

Here you go, its a tight fit,but it fits,you will need to removed the whole motor mount and assemble it on the bench and then fit it back into the chassis. :cool:

mavrick813

I keep seeing this quote about Longer BL is Better? I'm assuming this 1527 is about as long as it's going to get in this kit? What's your review of this set-up?

Mike

bigblkblazin

Longer is definitely better. Fatter rotors cannot handle being spun to fast without shattering . Something to do with to much weight . This will definitely be my next motor .

bigfol

Well this is by far the best motor I have had in my xbe its has so much more power and torque, the temps and amp draw are within a comfortable range as well.

bigblkblazin

I have a few parts to buy before I get that cannon but from what I can gather that motor was made for the xbe . Efficiency and scalability . I have heard of the boat guys spinning them up to 70-80k rpm .

bigfol

Its a 1500kv 1.5d motor 8mm shaft, the down side with this motor is the D windings they run a lot hotter compaired to the Y wound versions, thats why water cooling is a good thing with this motor, I had a few runs, geared 14/45 and it over heated, the glue holding the rotor shaft to the magnets let go, currently running a turnigy 5692 1000kv motor,I adjusted the motor torque settings through the castle esc, I hate to admit it but,its putting the Neu 1527 to shame..... :eek:

killajb

Is it possible to post pics with the Turnigy motor?

krashkrieg

Contributor
bigfol said:
currently running a turnigy 5692 1000kv motor,I adjusted the motor torque settings through the castle esc, I hate to admit it but, its putting the Neu 1527 to shame..... :eek:
What gearing are you running with the 1000kv?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts