• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Carb WT1107 vs the 990 for the MT

machinebike

Anyone have personal performance experience with these two carbs?

Ice_2k

Carb WT1107 vs the 990 for the MT

I have the 1107, it performs well and it's pretty easy to start, even when the temperatures are down. Didn't try a 990 though so can't really compare them.

machinebike

Anyone know what the numbers "990" represents and the letters/numbers "WT 1107" represents?

maybe 1107 has a bigger throttle opening or something...

machinebike

RampageHopUps said:
I use the 990 in my trucks, but it has no choke. Not too big of a deal in Arizona. But if you live anywhere cold, it will be tough to start.
Im from Maryland 3 hours from New york coming from Baltimore area, not sure if Ill need a choke.

Use the plastic bag trick?

designed2survive

It seems to me that you should stick with a carb with a choke. At least for now until you feel more comfortable.

That being said, I have and have used both the 990 and 1107. I live in MA so it's cold here. Some will compare the 1107 to a 990 with choke. In my experience the 1107 was smoother than the 990 throughout the powerband.

Now here is the kicker, with the 1107, the reviews are mixed. Let me explain, I love mine and it works flawlesly for me. Meanwhile you will find a lot of people stating that it's hard to tune or can't hold a tune to save it's own life. Bad batch of carbs? User error? Can't tell.

Now if you choose to go with the 990 you can:

- do the bag trick or

- pull the pull start slowly 3-4 times to bring fuel into the engine and start as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:

machinebike

designed2survive said:
It seems to me that you should stick with a carb with a choke. At least for now until you feel more comfortable. That being said, I have and have used both the 990 and 1107. I live in MA so it's cold here. Some will compare the 1107 to a 990 with choke. In my experience the 1107 was smoother than the 990 throughout the powerband.

Now here is the kicker, with the 1107, the reviews are mixed. Let me explain, I love mine and it works flawlesly for me. Meanwhile you will find a lot of people stating that it's hard to tune or can't hold a tune to save it's own life. Bad batch of carbs? User error? Can't tell.

Now if you choose to go with the 990 you can:

- do the bag trick or

- pull the pull start slowly 3-4 times to bring fuel into the engine and start as usual.
What about the Losi 5ive -T wt 668 carb on the MT 32cc?

machinebike

Ice_2k said:
I have the 1107, it performs well and it's pretty easy to start, even when the temperatures are down. Didn't try a 990 though so can't really compare them.
How is it for tuning?

Ice_2k

Yes, the 32cc. And no, not much of a power difference to be honest, I think the stock carb on the 32cc is something very similar, perhaps even an 1107 clone.

machinebike

Ice_2k said:
Yes, the 32cc. And no, not much of a power difference to be honest, I think the stock carb on the 32cc is something very similar, perhaps even an 1107 clone.
Any way to compare it to the stock?

machinebike

Ice_2k said:
Just ordered the wt1107 with sealed bearings for 58.00 (shipping included) from DDM

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts