• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Carb Redcat 25049

M.jay

First time poster here but longtime rc guy. Mostly nitro. But do own a couple electric.
Recently I was giving a Redcat DuneRunner clone ( my 1st gasser). After the first rune I decided it needed a pipe. Installed a Jetpro rear exhaust pipe and love it.
My question is I was wanting to install a better carb the one on it now is Redcat carb. #25049 was interested in Walbro 1107 but heard it was same carb. Can anyone confirm this or suggest a carb upgrade. Car has 32cc Fuelie engine
Thanks for your input

Last edited:

G-Man

First time poster here but longtime rc guy. Mostly nitro. But do own a couple electric.
Recently I was giving a Redcat DuneRunner clone ( my 1st gasser). After the first rune I decided it needed a pipe. Installed a Jetpro rear exhaust pipe and love it.
My question is I was wanting to install a better carb the one on it now is Redcat carb. #25049 was interested in Walbro 1107 but heard it was same carb. Can anyone confirm this or suggest a carb upgrade. Car has 32cc Fuelie engine
Thanks for your input
Hey what's up Man! I have a Dunerunner and a Rampage MT. I use the Walbro 1107 on the DR and a Walbro 990 on the MT. Both are really good carbs. I recommend the 1107 to people who like a choke. As far as the Redcat carb being the same, I don't think it is. Redcat did here as of late start using actual Walbro carbs, but not a 1107. So I say go for it, it's a really good carb.

Phill

Hey what's up Man! I have a Dunerunner and a Rampage MT. I use the Walbro 1107 on the DR and a Walbro 990 on the MT. Both are really good carbs. I recommend the 1107 to people who like a choke. As far as the Redcat carb being the same, I don't think it is. Redcat did here as of late start using actual Walbro carbs, but not a 1107. So I say go for it, it's a really good carb.

+1 on the 1107

M.jay

Thanks for your imput everyone.
Walbro 1170 carb, ADA aluminum manifold and insulator gasket, DDM tall velocity stack, and 2 stage 3” Uni Air Filter
All arriving tomorrow from DDM.
Also 8k clutch and aluminum diff. mount also arriving from amazon.
Gonna be a nice little rc bag of goodies waiting for me when I get home.

M.jay

Not sure when I was going to switch to 8k clutch but ordered one just to have and try can always switch back.

I enjoy wrenching on rc so no big deal to switch them back and forth

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts