Carb Redcat 25049

M.jay

First time poster here but longtime rc guy. Mostly nitro. But do own a couple electric.
Recently I was giving a Redcat DuneRunner clone ( my 1st gasser). After the first rune I decided it needed a pipe. Installed a Jetpro rear exhaust pipe and love it.
My question is I was wanting to install a better carb the one on it now is Redcat carb. #25049 was interested in Walbro 1107 but heard it was same carb. Can anyone confirm this or suggest a carb upgrade. Car has 32cc Fuelie engine
Thanks for your input

Last edited:

G-Man

First time poster here but longtime rc guy. Mostly nitro. But do own a couple electric.
Recently I was giving a Redcat DuneRunner clone ( my 1st gasser). After the first rune I decided it needed a pipe. Installed a Jetpro rear exhaust pipe and love it.
My question is I was wanting to install a better carb the one on it now is Redcat carb. #25049 was interested in Walbro 1107 but heard it was same carb. Can anyone confirm this or suggest a carb upgrade. Car has 32cc Fuelie engine
Thanks for your input
Hey what's up Man! I have a Dunerunner and a Rampage MT. I use the Walbro 1107 on the DR and a Walbro 990 on the MT. Both are really good carbs. I recommend the 1107 to people who like a choke. As far as the Redcat carb being the same, I don't think it is. Redcat did here as of late start using actual Walbro carbs, but not a 1107. So I say go for it, it's a really good carb.

Phill

Hey what's up Man! I have a Dunerunner and a Rampage MT. I use the Walbro 1107 on the DR and a Walbro 990 on the MT. Both are really good carbs. I recommend the 1107 to people who like a choke. As far as the Redcat carb being the same, I don't think it is. Redcat did here as of late start using actual Walbro carbs, but not a 1107. So I say go for it, it's a really good carb.
+1 on the 1107

M.jay

Thanks for your imput everyone.
Walbro 1170 carb, ADA aluminum manifold and insulator gasket, DDM tall velocity stack, and 2 stage 3” Uni Air Filter
All arriving tomorrow from DDM.
Also 8k clutch and aluminum diff. mount also arriving from amazon.
Gonna be a nice little rc bag of goodies waiting for me when I get home.

M.jay

Not sure when I was going to switch to 8k clutch but ordered one just to have and try can always switch back.

I enjoy wrenching on rc so no big deal to switch them back and forth

Members online

Latest posts