• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Carb and air filter

ChAoTiCzz

What's a good carb to switch to and a better air filter for the rampage mt

designed2survive

What's a good carb to switch to and a better air filter for the rampage mt

Are you having issues with your stock carb?

If your truck came with a 30cc engine your option for stock like carb will be a Walbro 668.
If you are comfortable with chokeless carbs, then the Walbro 990. Some are having start up issues with it some don't. I personally never had any and it's a definite upgrade to the redcat stocker or Walbro 668 in my humble opinion.

If your truck came with a 32cc engine then your upgrade option is the Walbro 1102 (it has a choke).

I've never used the 1102 with a less than 32cc engine, so I don't know how it would perform with such engines.

Check this thread for other opinion.

As for air filter you can't beat the stock Baja 5B one.

ChAoTiCzz

If your truck came with a 30cc engine your option for stock like carb will be a Walbro 668.
If you are comfortable with chokeless carbs, then the Walbro 990. Some are having start up issues with it some don't. I personally never had any and it's a definite upgrade to the redcat stocker or Walbro 668 in my humble opinion.

If your truck came with a 32cc engine then your upgrade option is the Walbro 1102 (it has a choke).

I've never used the 1102 with a less than 32cc engine, so I don't know how it would perform with such engines.

It says it's a 32cc

Phill

If you read the specs a 990 is just a 668 with no choke.
Having tried both the 668 wins hands down

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online