• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Carb Adjustment for Rampage XT?

Sinist3r

Hey guys. Here's another noob question. I'm not too good with small engine carb adjustments. Ive figured out where the idle screw is, but there are 2 other screws on the 30cc Fuelie right next to each other. I'm assuming that these are mixture screws? I don't have the Rampage manuals, didn't get them with the truck. I started and ran this thing for about 5 mins or so, went wide open a few times. Then it stalled out. I would prime it a few times, then it would fire up and drive for about 1 to 2 mins. It keeps stalling out. Also, it won't run if you close the choke in it. It likes to run with the choke fully open, so I'm thinking it needs to be adjusted. Can someone point me in the right direction, or school me a bit?

G

They won't run with the choke closed.

It sounds like you need to vent the fuel tank. The vent in the cap is inadequate.

Factory carb settings are:
  • 1 1/4 out on the low needle
  • 1 1/2 out on the high needle.

BertR

You only close the choke when its cold start and only pull no more than 2 times then open it up and pull to fire it up..you may have to vent the tank because it sounds like a vacuum issue and the stock settings for the carb are as follows...needle closer to the motor is the low speed ...close clockwise till stops ....back it out 1 1/2 turns the other is High speed ..close then back out 1 1/4 turns...remember this is base settings once you get it running you will have to fine tune it. There is a hole in the gas cap so make sure its clear with a thumb tack or needle this will help but you will want to install a snappy rc 3 hole grommet in the tank for better venting.

Sinist3r

Thanks to all! You guys sure know these things! Did exactly what you guys said, and it fired up right away. I got through 1 1/2 tanks of gas before my shock came apart that i hacked together. My son was bugging me all day, so i went to Menards got a small sleve and an eyelid and made the shock work. I took a small jump, and it came apart. I will be ordering shocks soon as end of the month bills are payed. This truck is a lot of fun. Now i just need an open area where i can teach my 6 yr old how to drive it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts