• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Car Wont move under Load

RcGuy420

Hey guys.

I have a new issue, The car will not move when under throttle. It sounds like it wants to move, but does not move.

I pulled the gear cover off, and noticed that the shaft that connects around GEAR A (see image) just spins and the gear does not move.. I have not yet torn it apart, didnt want to do it in the parking lot of the hotel where I was staying.. I was wondering if there is something some parts or something is broken? Any Advice?

also i have noticed that there appears to be missing grub screw in the middle set of gears. (is there suppose to be one there? )

gear.PNG

pfrederi1

Also there is a square metal fitting that has two holes for the grub screws the gear fits over that. Sounds like those grub screws might have came loose which results in no drive. You'll have to take the gear off to be certain. Those grub screws should be loctite.

Phill

Also there is a square metal fitting that has two holes for the grub screws the gear fits over that. Sounds like those grub screws might have came loose which results in no drive. You'll have to take the gear off to be certain. Those grub screws should be loctite.

From the pic it appears he's using pin drive gears.
They don't use grub screws.
They have a pin through the shaft instead.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online